Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
"can't i just eat my waffle?"

bonus: rand paul beats hasty retreat in the first few seconds, b/c he smells an ambush

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
however, the androgyny has me confused: 2 mommies? i would expect gay men to take offense to that characterization on many level

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Everyone do yourself a favor and go to Amazon and read the reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Parents-carry-Brian-Nathan-Nephew/dp/098317511X

Hey, parents! Are you looking for a way to educate your kids about the importance of the 2nd amendment, but just can't find the right pro-gun children's book?

Are you worried that your kids will grow up believing they can rely on law enforcement for protection? Or that they'll think wearing guns as accessories is a bad idea? That they'll be judged for dressing like a soldier in wartime when they go out to eat with their friends?

Well, then look no further! With the notable lack of a Seussian rhyming meter (because this s*** is serious, and nothing rhymes with "AK-47"), this book will help teach your kids that intimidating other people is A-OK, as long it makes you feel safe. That you should embrace fear as a part of life because one day you will be assaulted, robbed, raped, and murdered (probably in that order). Don't you want to prepare your family for this inevitability? Well, then be a Patriot, stand your ground, and buy this book today!

Charlton Heston will be proud.

(Each new purchase comes with a 9mm ankle holster for the boys and a bikini holster for the ladies.)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Everyone do yourself a favor and go to Amazon and read the reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Parents-carry-Brian-Nathan-Nephew/dp/098317511X
You were right. Totally worth it. :rofl:

My personal fave:
It's strange to me that this book is titled "My Parents Open Carry" and yet the cover depicts three adults, one of whom appears to be a low-wage home health aide with a mullet wearing daisy scrubs. Maybe the man and woman on either side of her have taken her hostage? Also, bravo to the authors for their choice of names for the parents: "Bea Strong" (get it? "Be Strong") and "Richard Strong" (a.k.a. "Dick Strong"). Very subtle. The typos in the text and the lack of sentence variation are a nice touch, too, clearly separating the authors from the liberal elite with their book readin' and word learnin'. I only wish this book was available in a collector's edition 14k gold embossed hardcover with all the Jesus parts in red type, like the Bible when it's done right.
Edit: LOL'd hard.
Perfect companion book to My Parents Open Container

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

the comical part is that these types can read (but on balance, it does appear to be no harder than 'where the wild things are')

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Oh god, I can't breathe:
As these books go, this one was just OK.

But my favorite in the series by far is "My Parents Frack All Over the Place," followed closely by "My Parents Roll Coal on Prius-Drivers," "My Parents Clear Cut the National Forests," "My Parents Remove the Mountaintops from Appalachia," "My Parents Avoid Taxes through Corporate Inversions" and "My Parents Punch Somebody in the Face Because They Just Don't Much Like his Face And He Shouldn'ta Brung It Here."

I'm really looking forward to reading "My Parents Tell Gay People They're Going to Hell" and the just-announced "My Parents Scream at Refugee Kids."

It's a very special children's library we're building in our happy little home on the nice little bookshelf, right under the hand-cross-stitched tapestry that reads, "Who Would Jesus Be Afraid Of?"

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

chuck says the world is exploding all over.....think i'll dance.....everyone else is on vacation...