Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
reminder....this is the goal of public servants....

View attachment 133289
According to my dad, it’s because they are paid so much in Congress. When I pointed out lobbying to him, he got mad and more entrenched that the real problem isn’t lobbying, but that they earn a lot of money. His solution is that all congress should earn E-5 pay. Then I asked what a federal judge should make? E-5 pay. Then I asked what I (gov worker) should make, then it was “well, you are providing a service”. And a federal judge is not? He blows my mind in how he thinks that these things all apply to “other people”, but not to family members, etc. My dad thinks there are all sorts of good people out there willing to work for Congress for the people for 40K/year. Oh, and they wouldn’t be independently wealthy either, you know, so a shutdown wouldn’t hurt them. Just crazy.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
According to my dad, it’s because they are paid so much in Congress. When I pointed out lobbying to him, he got mad and more entrenched that the real problem isn’t lobbying, but that they earn a lot of money. His solution is that all congress should earn E-5 pay. Then I asked what a federal judge should make? E-5 pay. Then I asked what I (gov worker) should make, then it was “well, you are providing a service”. And a federal judge is not? He blows my mind in how he thinks that these things all apply to “other people”, but not to family members, etc. My dad thinks there are all sorts of good people out there willing to work for Congress for the people for 40K/year. Oh, and they wouldn’t be independently wealthy either, you know, so a shutdown wouldn’t hurt them. Just Republican.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
reminder....this is the goal of public servants....

View attachment 133289
Compounded interest.
Depending on where his net worth was distributed (property, investments, etc.) he could easily pull 9-10% annual average.
The cocaine boats and financial backing from the family of his Chinese wife don't hurt either

https://www.thenation.com/article/mitch-mcconnells-freighted-ties-shadowy-shipping-company/