Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The best part is that 98% of republicans don't even know what ANTIFA stands for (I've asked them).

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's going to take about a million bricks to the head to even begin the conversation of completely irrational and disproportionate police reactions to petty non-crimes.

I'll keep track for you: 1

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Yes, both sides are playing with the Truth to some extent.
However there is MORE THAN ENOUGH video out there showing entire scenes of peaceful protest, hell even just people standing on their own front porches, and the cops roll up and start shit. Not just the 15 seconds of the event, but minutes before showing basically nothing until the blue line show up.

Granted, not the US, but this shit hits close to home, and it hurts to watch it. Grandfather was Chief of Police, Father was Police his entire life after serving and getting wounded in WWII. My brother was also a cop.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
It's going to take about a million bricks to the head to even begin the conversation of completely irrational and disproportionate police reactions to petty non-crimes.

I'll keep track for you: 1
Cops enforce what their handlers ask of them. Maybe Deblasio and the government of MN need a talking too.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Cops enforce what their handlers ask of them.
You really don't see these GI Joe/Connor Mcgregor wannabes as all too willing participants?

The deep entrenchment of the nypd unions has created a standing army that not even the mayor can control. That's a huge problem. This is so bar beyond one mayor, he's basically irrelevant.

Minneapolis PD is similar. Same with St Louis, same with Los Angeles. This is decades deep. Pointing the finger an one mayor completely misses the point.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
You really don't see these GI Joe/Connor Mcgregor wannabes as all too willing participants?

The deep entrenchment of the nypd unions has created a standing army that not even the mayor can control. That's a huge problem. This is so bar beyond one mayor, he's basically irrelevant.

Minneapolis PD is similar. Same with St Louis, same with Los Angeles. This is decades deep. Pointing the finger an one mayor completely misses the point.
Of course I see it, Ive lived in three of the cities on fire. Like the protesters, who I have zero issue with, I don’t believe the cops are a monolith.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Of course not but there's a system that's taken hold in most of the biggest cities that reveals a whole lotta similarities between somewhere like Minneapolis and NYC.

And shocker, those particular cities are where shit's going the most crazy.

Police departments (much like the catholic church and pedophiles) have attracted and fostered a certain element of people who want immunity to act like assholes. And it's been permitted and institutionalized. That's not just a mayoral level deal with one administration.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Yup, like how I got pulled over last Xmas in Arizona for having out of state plates in a small town. Not speeding. Not driving reckless. No probable cause.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Can we agree the type of people described at ~3:30 should have their heads on pikes too?

Dude seriously?

We all know that and nobody is trying to say they shouldnt be prosecuted.
But this is about black people being opressed and abused since the 1600s.

THATS 400 FUCKING YEARS!

If you still dont see why the focus needs to be on this instead of a couple motherfuckers throwing rocks and looting stores Im afraid youre part of the problem...

Not saying youre a racist or a dick, from what Ive seen here I think youre a good guy.
But think about it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hilarie and I got jacked up by local police in the 1970s when I was a long haired hippie for stopping in a small New Mexico town and getting tampons at the local drug store.
As someone who grew up on a skateboard in the 80s and 90s, the idea that cop harassment and brutality is 'just a few bad apples' is fucking laughable.

I've been in the back of a cop car more times than I can remember. Presumably for assaulting painted curbs in empty shopping centers after business hours. Never arrested, cited, charged for anything......just cops being dickhead cops. Exactly how they're trained by the lacking regulatory culture that governs them.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator