Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think it happens most overtly and well-known in vegas and I like thinking about this simpsons clip

You clearly have never stepped into a UAW plant or worked anywhere near Chicago, or with Iron Workers, or Teamsters.

Middle America didn't lose a bunch of blue collar jobs because they were being paid good union wages, but in large part because companies had to pay 10 hours of good union wages to get 1 hour of work done. I've dealt with that bullshit for 20+ years pretty much in every state that has unions. There are exceptions but they are rare. On my last project I would get more work done by breaking the rules and doing a bunch of shit myself between shift changes than I could get two shifts of crews to do during their normal working hours.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
ok

I didnt say "yes, I believe it only happens in vegas" :rofl:

I went with probably the most well known example to frame a joke about the premise

about an obvious shitpost sticker....

don't pursue large scale guillotine manufacturing within influence of the rust belt. Got it

Last edited:
You clearly have never stepped into a UAW plant or worked anywhere near Chicago, or with Iron Workers, or Teamsters.

Middle America didn't lose a bunch of blue collar jobs because they were being paid good union wages, but in large part because companies had to pay 10 hours of good union wages to get 1 hour of work done. I've dealt with that bullshit for 20+ years pretty much in every state that has unions. There are exceptions but they are rare. On my last project I would get more work done by breaking the rules and doing a bunch of shit myself between shift changes than I could get two shifts of crews to do during their normal working hours.
I assembled Fords for a while. The UAW "work" rules were more than stupid and support your premise. Of the three unions of which I was a member, only one actually minimized or ignored the bullshit and actually fought for workers. Said union, and apparently much of the MIT Instrumentation/Draper Laboratories, however, was run by the Boston mob, as was about everything else in that city.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Unions are a response to bad management.

Bad unions are also because of bad management.

I have watched people who for some reason are pity employees, never fired, never useful and they were not union.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
There exist a set of people who don't ever do squat. They ought to be fed, housed, and free to let others do useful things.
I believe that everyone should be housed and fed, I don't know how to do that when so many slightly useful people will believe that helping someone at the bottom is worse than giving someone at the top even more.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
It is also somehow a true reflection of the UK that these ‘philosophers’ are on the tube in London though, and one has shat himself in public.

#JustAnotherWednesdayNight

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
did that kid seriously collect $250MM from a lawsuit???
Not exactly but sorta kinda

Sued for, and "settled"

Notice any fun names tagged?

Whoever created that meme shot low

I'd also like to point out that nypost is the "highest quality" journalism outlet that comes up in two pages of searching this shit. I'm sparing you the breitbart and fReEdOmChIcKeNnEwS.cOm links

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Rittenhouse's lawyer was on CNN earlier. He said Tucker Carlson had a news crew embedded with the kid the whole time, because the people that crowd funded his defense wanted it.

Fucking hell.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Kid is kind of a piece of shit, revered by bigger pieces of shit. Safe to say he will grow up to be a giant piece of shit.

George Zimmerman Jr.