Quantcast

Random pro roadie stuff

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I was happy to see that cav got signed. Even if he's a dud for 90% of the tour, if he wins another stage it's going to be YOUR jersey that he's wearing when he does. I feel like it's a no brainer unless he's absolutely demanding buckets of money, which he may be.

Pidcock is rapidly becoming the next van aert. He seems to be an exceptional cyclist that's good at virtually all disciplines. He did well in a couple of stages at le turr so maybe he'll be more competitive if he's more focused. That is, if he wants to be more focused.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not sure if anyone has watched any of this persons road DH videos before (going beyond plaid speed in the Alps). I bet this pedal clip at ~1:13 woke up Pidcock.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I really want to grab a classified hub, but they are startlingly expensive, like $2000USD? That's just not worth it for me not matter how cool they are. Would be so neat to have one on my 1x 3T.
Definitely got the bike for it.

Just watched the finish of todays stage of Tirreno. I don't think Cav has the legs anymore to get that last TDF win he's looking for.

I'd love to watch the TTT for Paris-Nice, but GCN doesn't have the rights here, NBC does and all they're showing is BS highlights. They could be showing it live but instead there's an important Law and Order rerun on USA...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Definitely got the bike for it.

Just watched the finish of todays stage of Tirreno. I don't think Cav has the legs anymore to get that last TDF win he's looking for.

I'd love to watch the TTT for Paris-Nice, but GCN doesn't have the rights here, NBC does and all they're showing is BS highlights. They could be showing it live but instead there's an important Law and Order rerun on USA...
I have peacock primarily so I can watch the TDF but my wife got hooked on some garbage shows so we kept it. Turns out they have a lot of cycling coverage, including P-nice so I will watch that from time to time. I honestly find the extended highlights to be the way to watch. I don't have 3 hours to commit and the extended highlights show the good bits without the BS, but a lot more than just the crashes.

I think Cav CAN do it, but the rest of the peloton has gotten so good and the teams are so competitive that I don't know if he'll be in good enough shape when it's go time. WvA is phenomenal to watch

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Stellar Giro TT this morning, was a shame to see Thomas pipped by sub second by Remco. Then I check the news sites this afternoon and Remco is out of the race having tested for COVID. There's a few had to drop out already, ominous for the remaining racers.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah I was bummed that #topganna was out with the rona. I'm guessing they'll all get it, but that should mean good things for the TdF as they'll all be healthy again. Can't believe it's still going around.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Didn't get to watch, but I do enjoy the thought of Pogachu and Fingergourd battling it out for three weeks. Mostly I'm just here for Van Aert

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
He was close today, I thought he was going to do it when he opened up that lead. But then thought he was having gear issues rather than running out of steam. But Phillipsen (sp?) is pretty dang fast with MVP as leadout.

edit: yep, gear issues screwed him

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Haven't been able to watch today because stupid NBC pushed the coverage to 16+ hour delayed broadcasts unless you pay more money for Peacock streaming...But Cav has abandoned after a crash :(

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hahaha, everybody was hoping for that. He's a great rider, and one more win gets him the record. He may as well. Competition is stiff with WvA and whichever Jasper shows up.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Even if he doesn't win a stage, it would be a better finish to his career to make it through the final stage of Le Tour instead of finishing with the Tour of Turkey this next week. Although next year stage 21 is an ITT to Nice rather than the normal Paris sprint.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Even if he doesn't win a stage, it would be a better finish to his career to make it through the final stage of Le Tour instead of finishing with the Tour of Turkey this next week. Although next year stage 21 is an ITT to Nice rather than the normal Paris sprint.

If he can't become the GOAT he can at least head butt some more people