Quantcast

random socio-political thoughts...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
pick one or both :)

DEATH PENALTY
How come the death penalty is legal, but euthanasia and suicide are not?

UNION STRIKES
The writer's strike... is it legal for all writers but those working for just one network to go on strike? Say all but those for NBC went on strike, wouldn't that force all the other networks to cave in and create a new contract that would also apply to NBC since it's industry wide?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I have a question about the writers strike, aren't writers only employed as long as a show runs? Similar to actors. If so, they are kind of shooting themselves in the foot as networks scrap shows.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
I have a question about the writers strike, aren't writers only employed as long as a show runs? Similar to actors. If so, they are kind of shooting themselves in the foot as networks scrap shows.
but since a majority of the writers are on strike, there aren't that many people to write scripts for new shows.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
but since a majority of the writers are on strike, there aren't that many people to write scripts for new shows.
I'd rather they bring back old shows anyways. Cheers, MASH, and Barney Miller! Now that would get me back in front of the television!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'd rather they bring back old shows anyways. Cheers, MASH, and Barney Miller! Now that would get me back in front of the television!
Sanford & Son, The Waltons, All In the Family, Hawaii 5-0, Bah Bah Black Sheep...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Thats why there are so many "reality" shows on right now, they require less writing. It just seems like they would be pissing everyone off with this strike, from actors to viewers.....especially as shows get canned and people are unemployed becuase of their actions.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
pick one or both :)

DEATH PENALTY
How come the death penalty is legal, but euthanasia and suicide are not?

UNION STRIKES
The writer's strike... is it legal for all writers but those working for just one network to go on strike? Say all but those for NBC went on strike, wouldn't that force all the other networks to cave in and create a new contract that would also apply to NBC since it's industry wide?
Suicide = Legal in Oregon
Union Strikes: I have never been a part of a union, so the idea of a strike makes no sense. I understand they are unhappy about being stiffed on the sly, but isn't it their own fault for not paying attention in the first place?