Quantcast

Random Stupid/Brilliant Thought Of The Day

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, If there were a usb/li ion heated/cooled water bottle available, would millions of people buy it?
On RM, it would belong in the “This is what’s wrong with the industry“ thread.
You personally would not be the target market.
I searched and found ‘smart’ bottles that remind you to drink, but nothing heated/cooled.
But you think there are enough dweebs that I could sell this on late night TV?
Not really investigating this, but I see a market opportunity as I go out for a fat bike ride with hot Cocoa in an insulated bottle.
Flame Away!

(and no, I am not high right now)

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So, If there were a usb/li ion heated/cooled water bottle available, would millions of people buy it?
On RM, it would belong in the “This is what’s wrong with the industry“ thread.
You personally would not be the target market.
I searched and found ‘smart’ bottles that remind you to drink, but nothing heated/cooled.
But you think there are enough dweebs that I could sell this on late night TV?
Not really investigating this, but I see a market opportunity as I go out for a fat bike ride with hot Cocoa in an insulated bottle.
Flame Away!

(and no, I am not high right now)
For sure, and it wouldn't work for shit in the winter or cold, but people would still buy the heated bottle. Because people are idiots.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Oh yeah, vacuum bottle can keep hot cocoa "hot" for like 12 hours. I am taking a large bottle with me on my prep rides for the ITI race. Hot coco is freaking heavenly on a ride.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Make one rated for enduro-bros, bike packers and one suited for ebikers.

Tree times the profit?

You could start selling them to the dentists and doctors that you are already hocking crap too.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
A bottle that is a battery, to extend your e-bike range.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
OK, so I have one. My kiddo is playing goalie in an outdoor shed this morning, and it is 7 degrees F. His blocker pads dont have insulation, so I was thinking that this might be a good application for some electric heating elements. He said it is the only thing that gets cold. Gloves don't really work as he would lose too much dexterity (according to him).
I wish I were better with sewing leather and the whole electronics part, I would cob up a prototype...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
OK, so I have one. My kiddo is playing goalie in an outdoor shed this morning, and it is 7 degrees F. His blocker pads dont have insulation, so I was thinking that this might be a good application for some electric heating elements. He said it is the only thing that gets cold. Gloves don't really work as he would lose too much dexterity (according to him).
I wish I were better with sewing leather and the whole electronics part, I would cob up a prototype...
Chemical hand warmers on the wrists or inside of the forearm. Keep the blood flowing to the hands warm.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
7 degrees? Well, when I was a kid that was the temp in the damn changing room...tell him to give his balls a tug...

And on the water bottle subject...slap a Yeti label on it and all the morons will line up to buy them.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
7 degrees? Well, when I was a kid that was the temp in the damn changing room...tell him to give his balls a tug...

And on the water bottle subject...slap a Yeti label on it and all the morons will line up to buy them.
...and dont even get me started on the hazards of using an aluminum stick at a a 5:00 a.m practice when you have no palms in your mitts. Kids today...why back in my day we had horse drawn zambonis. The Zamboni wasnt even invented yet, we called it the horse drawn thing that the horses draw to fix the ice thing. Zamboni is actually the literal translation of the horse drawn thing that the horses draw to fix the ice thing...kids today they dont know that. They dont know the hazards of having to root around in the fields to find a new puck because the old one thawed out. They never had to carve their own stick out of a tree branch...they never had to mine, smelt and manufacture their own skate blades. Or raise, slaughter and prepare animal hydes for their skates...why one time I had to go to China to obtain the thread to sew the numbers on our teams sweaters. Thats how I met Buddha, Mao and Chang Kai Shek-all on the same day.
But thats a story for another day...