Quantcast

random WA State driving question...

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
Just got my first ticket and had someone in my car with my 6 months not up- 278$ ticket but my question is does anything happen to my license because of the 6 month rule? maybe the 6 month rule gets extended till I am 18? does my license get suspended?

Thanks and I will delete this after I get an answer

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Harry, if your lucky the cop would have done nothing. but if he reported it your 6 months starts over. second time your license gets suspended. unless theyve changed the rules recently cuz thats how it was when i was driving.

and with your ticket!! give them a check for 285 and theyll send you a check back for 7 dollars. then if you DONT cash that 7 dollar check, then they wont cash yours so it will come up as you paid your ticket, but they wouldnt have taken our money. they cant cash your check until you cash that 7 dollar return check. theoretically you could send them 280 and they should send you 2 dollars back, dont cash it and they wont cash yours but ti will come up as paid, haha

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Harry, if your lucky the cop would have done nothing. but if he reported it your 6 months starts over. second time your license gets suspended. unless theyve changed the rules recently cuz thats how it was when i was driving.

and with your ticket!! give them a check for 285 and theyll send you a check back for 7 dollars. then if you DONT cash that 7 dollar check, then they wont cash yours so it will come up as you paid your ticket, but they wouldnt have taken our money. they cant cash your check until you cash that 7 dollar return check. theoretically you could send them 280 and they should send you 2 dollars back, dont cash it and they wont cash yours but ti will come up as paid, haha
Where is the official rule on that check cashing? That sounds a little goofy even for the State. I got a ticket a year ago and went to court, the judge looked at it and said "Well the officer didn't make any notes. Case Dismissed." Also there is some law that states if a ticket is not filed by the officer with in one week (maybe longer, maybe just a few days) the case has to be dismissed. I could get you the exact name on that law if you need. You also could go to court and pay the 70 first time offense fee and it doesn't go on your record if you don't get another ticket for a year. These laws might be different since you are dealing with that special licenses, but I'm not sure on that.

Gopher

Monkey
Aug 26, 2007
Spokane WA
its always better to go to court and have it midigated there is a slim chance they can drop it competely or drop the charge into a non moving violation you never know till you try.

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
Where is the official rule on that check cashing? That sounds a little goofy even for the State. I got a ticket a year ago and went to court, the judge looked at it and said "Well the officer didn't make any notes. Case Dismissed." Also there is some law that states if a ticket is not filed by the officer with in one week (maybe longer, maybe just a few days) the case has to be dismissed. I could get you the exact name on that law if you need. You also could go to court and pay the 70 first time offense fee and it doesn't go on your record if you don't get another ticket for a year. These laws might be different since you are dealing with that special licenses, but I'm not sure on that.
yeah thats exactly what I'm wondering because before 18 its an intermediate license and before 16 and a half its a restridcted intermediate license so I don't know what will happen. I emailed the WA state legislative to see if I could get a clear answer but I plan on showing up to court and see what I can do

thanks for the help though

EDIT: found this:

If any traffic violations or collisions occur during the first year with an Intermediate license, the passenger and nighttime restrictions will continue. In addition, the following actions are taken if a driving offense takes place:

* 1st offense - a warning letter is sent to the parent or guardian, as well as the ticket which is at least $101;
* 2nd offense - suspension of the driver's license for six months, as well as the cost of the ticket;
* 3rd offense - license is suspended until the age of 18.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
ah, another ****ty legal advice thread.

Fun Facts:
Vomiting annuls the validity of any portable breathalyzer test in Washington. If you happen to ralph all over the ground right before the test is administered, the police are required to wash out your mouth and wait at least 20 minutes before attempting the test. Use this to your advantage.

Alternately, Carry a handle of vodka in your car at all times with just enough vodka left in it that you can drain it quickly. When you get pulled over, unroll the window and throw your keys away from where you are. This works best if you are next to a dark forest, thick field, or overpass. Grab the bottle of vodka and drink it all as fast as you can.

This would then put into question whether or not you were legally drunk before you were pulled over or when you got out.

Oh yeah- by the way.
Never hop a curb/ drive over the planters/ drive over the grass at Skyline. They watch on the cameras almost every day to see who drives like an asshole. I almost got hit with reckless because I drove through a couple bushes on my way out.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Call Fred Hopkins his name is in the book. I have not had to use him but hundreds of my car club friends have and he is the man.

Tell him you heard about him on VWVortex and you will get a better price. 9 out of 10 get the tickets dropped using him. Good luck

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
You also just need to watch out for the Sammamish cops. I had a female cop pull me over for a cracked tail lamp up there and when I unstrapped my seatbelt to get out and show her I had put the red tape on it she reached for her gun and told me to stay seated. I was shocked. She wrote me an 80 dollar ticket without hesitation. They have nothing to do up there but harass people. I always got a kick out of reading the Police report in their local paper. Always something about somebody had their snowman stolen out of their yard, or some cd's got taken out of an unlocked car. Fight the ticket man. No matter how much it costs. Keep your record clean.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
man the second you get out of your car when pulled over you are asking for trouble....keeo it up and you wil be looking at the working end of a taser...unless you are in Texas where they will just shoot you for sport...rednecks:disgust1:

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
it's pretty funny. In Samammish I was so afraid of the cops. I almost got busted for so many stupid victimless offenses, but always evaded. Seattle cops (esp around UW) are so much better. If I'm at a party/walking back, I never fear their presence. I realize they are there for my safety, and they're not going to bust me unless I do something blatantly stupid or act like an arrogant prick. They're much too busy dealing with the bigger crap than worrying about policing underage drinking.

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
You also just need to watch out for the Sammamish cops. I had a female cop pull me over for a cracked tail lamp up there and when I unstrapped my seatbelt to get out and show her I had put the red tape on it she reached for her gun and told me to stay seated. I was shocked. She wrote me an 80 dollar ticket without hesitation. They have nothing to do up there but harass people. I always got a kick out of reading the Police report in their local paper. Always something about somebody had their snowman stolen out of their yard, or some cd's got taken out of an unlocked car. Fight the ticket man. No matter how much it costs. Keep your record clean.
lol, I'd draw down on you too!

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
First ticket is dismissed from what I hear.

My brother found that out after he got a speeding ticket and paid it off...

Feb 5, 2008
B-ham
When I was a teen driving in Lynden I got pulled over for my license plate light being too dim. Not out, just too dim. The cops there are notorious for stopping anyone at will and searching for any reason. Thats what you get when the only doughnut shop in town closed at 4. Cops get nasty when they go through withdrawals.

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
You mean go down...;) Dude tell us about the Spokane cops. That's gotta be interesting.
Cant contain me love for the Black no longer.

Oh, Spokane PD? Yeah they'd shoot your ass fo shur! I think we have had 5 police shootings in the last 12 months. Overall I have had nothing but good experiences since I moved back. I've been stopped twice, both for taillight issues, and havent gotten a ticket or warning.