Quantcast

Randy Spangler Appreciation Thread

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Dexter's whiny ass comment made me think about how cool of a person and a rider Randy is, and I thought he deserved his own thread. Dude is an inspiration and a just a super nice guy. Post all your favorite pics and stories of Randy here. For pics, his trademark x-ups are preferred but feel free to post whatever you've got. I'll get it started...

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
what can of worms did i open up. never said anything bad about him, just that that trick is lame end of story. randy is a wayyy better rider than i am and probably will be

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
Quick note about Randy .
I have grown up around him I have the upmost respect for him as a rider ,friend ,parent (congrats again) and a human.
I have looked up to Randy since I was a kid at Roseville watching and racing him throughout the years.

In case you didn't know Randy turned 40 about a month ago .It did not stop him as he went to Portland for the Whambathankyoujam and f-n slayed it.Randy has the smoothest style and shreds harder than 95 percent of the guys riding today..
Thanks for showing me the way Randy letrs go ride trails sometime...

"Hacksaw" Jim Severt

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Randy's a great guy and I have too many funny stories to post , tons of respect for him !!!
props to grandpa Spangler !

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
He has always been one of my favorite top riders. He's 4 years older than me & he's throwing down.Gives me motivation to ride.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
I get the pleasure of riding with Spangy on a regular basis. From riding Andys, to shredding the DH, killing Joes, the Manpon, Woodward. Randy straight kills everything with mad steezypoos. That guy is a fycking legend. He is as chill as they come as well. No tude or vibes to anybody, ever.
The Guy is 40 years old, but rides like he is 20. I can easily see Randy shredding DJ's when he is 50.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
That churning in your stomach sounds like jealousy. Do we need a thread for Tyler too?

I'm just messin', but the point is that they are both good guys with great attitudes and personally I'm stoked to see them get ANY coverage. Are there better riders doing gnarlier stuff? Sure. I just don't care.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
damn, I figured Randy Spangler wasn't a spring chicken but riding like that at 40 is impressive! That's a fair bit of motivation for this 36 year old.

And I actually dig his x'd tables. It reminds me a lot of BITD rippers like John Crews and Trash Can Morgan. And back in those days you had to bow out your legs/lean back for x-ups - we were running wide bars and sub 19" TT's. Learn to respect the original stuff, not bash it.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Bwahaha... some of those x-up/whip/table pics look more steezy than others. I'd like to see it on video. But shredding like that at 40 is straight core. And I def appreciate the old school style.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
damn that guy throws down, never fails to impress me. he's like 30 years older than me too, scary. i wonder if bikes are gonna be around when im 40 in 2037

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
damn that guy throws down, never fails to impress me. he's like 30 years older than me too, scary. i wonder if bikes are gonna be around when im 40 in 2037
Of course they will, it's a free way of transportation. But just think of what they'll look like.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
This is a great thread. I remember some of the big gaps Spangler pulled off - with mad stylee points - in the earlier kranked films BITD...definitely an inspiration then and still is today.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I'd like to get in touch with Randy see if he remembers me from his BMX days in Houston. He is just straight off the chain. Randy gets mad mad mad props. He kills it. period. The fact that he is 40 and still is ripping it up doesnt surprise me one bit. :cheers: