Quantcast

Rant du jour: Jetboil and the world of dentists

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yes. get one. i replaced my french press with an aeropress, haven't looked back.
Yep. Aeropress rules. $25. Simply incapable of being a bad choice.
so I got one this morning. tried to make an espresso with it when I got to work, and was pretty unimpressed. it was super sour. did a bit of research, so this afternoon I loosened the grind, did the upside down technique, used hotter water, and let it steep 30 or so seconds. much better. actually very good. but definitely not an espresso.

I just got an email from the owner of the espresso machine I'd been using saying he can't use it at his new office, so do I want it. d'oh!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so I got one this morning. tried to make an espresso with it when I got to work, and was pretty unimpressed. it was super sour. did a bit of research, so this afternoon I loosened the grind, did the upside down technique, used hotter water, and let it steep 30 or so seconds. much better. actually very good. but definitely not an espresso.

I just got an email from the owner of the espresso machine I'd been using saying he can't use it at his new office, so do I want it. d'oh!
yea idk where the espresso nonsense comes from, but it makes a damn strong regular cup of coffee

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I found Cafe Bustelo to work well in Aeropress but I am total coffee barbarian.
I buy a pound of fresh roasted coffee from Vancouver roaster once a week (49th parallell - Epic Espresso). It's roasted on Tuesdays and gets here on Thursday afternoon. I usually go through about 2/3 lb in the week at home, and bring the rest to work when I pick up a fresh batch. So generally the coffee is never more than 3 weeks "out of roast". I prefer the "bright and acidic" flavour profile to the "strong-robust-tar" taste profile. you can think of it in beer terms: I like craft brewed IPAs, whereas the average bulk coffee tastes kind of like coors-lime to me....

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Fuck coffee.

I am however, not opposed to buying stock in the coffee industry. It's brilliant.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi

It's not an espresso maker, so I wouldn't expect espresso from it.