Quantcast

Rant or pitty party???

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Wow, what a week for my family.........

Stepson gets an offer to join the wildlands firefighters in Lee Vining, CA, full time. It's a 1 1/2 hour commute, or he can rent a place and stay there. Fiance' isn't too keen on moving, and he does have his daughter, of course. Hasn't decided yet what he wants to do.......

Older stepdaughter was just recruited today by Google. This is just in, so I don't know any more details than that. And this is after several years at Apple just outside Reno.

Younger stepdaughter is doing very well with her dental hygienist training, and is looking to go to college in either Vegas or Phoenix to continue/improve. I hope she does, as I'm not too keen on her choice in boyfriend right now.

And I still visit Alaina daily, wondering............ what if???

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Seems like the present is more complicated than the past.
So very true. Guess that happens as one ages.....

Those "what if"s can cause a lot of self-inflicted pain. Best not to play that game too often.
Thanks, AMS, as for me, Thanksgiving is the tougher of the holidays to deal with. Just goes back to something Alaina said during preschool library.....

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
Those "what if"s can cause a lot of self-inflicted pain. Best not to play that game too often.
this. i guess you should look at it as she would have done fine since you would have steered her in the right direction. if you had some influence on the step kids and their success then you could apply that to your "what if".

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I dont think it is a rant or a pity party...I think everyone that is a decent human in your situation would have the same thoughts.