Quantcast

RANT: reply vs reply to all

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
What's even more annoying is the boneheads who join the conversation by replying to all with "DON'T USE REPLY ALL!!!!11one"

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
How about when a superior sends out a group email to a department or departments and someone accidentally “replies to all,” with less than desirable comments? Good times right there…I’ve seen it happen.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
blt2ride said:
How about when a superior sends out a group email to a department or departments and someone accidentally “replies to all,” with less than desirable comments? Good times right there…I’ve seen it happen.
We had group codes for each department and one for the entire site at the last place I worked. So, you could send one to "regulatory" or "quality assurance" or "entire site", but they all started out with the same prefix.

We had one woman send this, "Why women rule" or "Why men suck" or "10 reasons why women are better than men", something like that, to the entire site.

Not only that, but she had read receipts turned on. :p

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Echo said:
What's even more annoying is the boneheads who join the conversation by replying to all with "DON'T USE REPLY ALL!!!!11one"
we had a classic incident of this last week. painfully predictable the amount of people who replied to all with comments like "please take me off your list" and "please stop replying to all". :rolleyes:

J

JRB

People that start threads about email at work are annoying. :think:

:D

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
someone just did that this morning on a email a friend sent to everyone thanking us for something, he replied to all and I got the pleasure of reading his lame ass email.
So annoying.

i-ride

Monkey
May 12, 2006
Frederick
I think the 'reply to all' idiots are typically insecure people who like talking and being heard in a forum where they can rehearse and craft their words....but don't speak up in public for fear of sounding like fools. Discuss.