Quantcast

Rant

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
Well, here goes...

On july 1st., I had broken my collar bone, first broken bone, which made me THAT much more hardcore :D, clean break, got it on video, sweet crash, etc.etc. Not too bad, everyone had told me collar bones are easy (which they are) had high spirits. I went to this orthopedic doctor, who, I must say, was very un-socialable (is that even a word?), after several weeks. By unsocialable, I mean the extent of our conversations were "How did you break your collar bone?" "biking" "You're not quite healed yet, wait four more weeks and you can do everything you used to" "Great, thanks" "Thanks", then, he walks out of the room. Well, I waited four--actually six weeks, I figured I would be good to ride, do everything that I used to. Turns out, I crashed, re-broke my not-completely-healed-collarbone. Went to the ER, went through all of that jazz again, talked to a new doctor, who was much better... shed some light on the fact that I should wait 16 weeks until my bone is COMPLETELY healed and calcified (sp?). So, basically, my first doctor sucked, now I'm out from riding for even longer, and this entire season has gone to waste. Gah, some people piss me off... :mad: