Quantcast

Rapid Racer Neoguard review

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I just fired up the review and some images of the rapid racer neoguard. BAsically this thing replaces the cut up tubes we have all used for fenders for a bit now. It is a bit lighter, and won't scratch the crap out of your crowns the way zipties do. It's also always in your toolbox, not making you run a round trying to find a flat tube.

Some may call it expensive (about 13 pounds sterling, $25). It works well for what it is though.

http://www.transcendmagazine.com/archives/2007/12/rrp_neoprene_mu.html

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Pretty good idea, looks like its easier to put on in a pinch then cutting a tube and wasting zip ties, a little spendy but probably worth it in the long run plus more room for plastering your sponsor logos
To be honest, I'd be more concerned with scratching up my crown and losing more than $25 in resale value of my fork...

I am hoping they adjust prices when they get their North American distribution setup. $13 pounds in the Uk is nothing. For $15 usd, I think it would be a great buy.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Looks a little narrow.

When i use a tube i attach it to the stanctions above the middle crown and to the lowers farther down to the outside.......just gives better coverage.

Good idea though.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I thought it was narrow as well, but it turns out it isn't. I asked about it and was told basically that the stuff that flings up and actually gets you in the face comes from where the guard is covering. The stuff that gets by it won't be hitting you. I tried it out just to be sure though, and turns out they were right.