Quantcast

Rare frames and components?????

b-man

Chimp
May 25, 2002
ct
I think I've just found my dream bike. I've never seen that Purgatory before, oh wow. Are they new?

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
b-man said:
I think I've just found my dream bike. I've never seen that Purgatory before, oh wow. Are they new?
I know he did alot of testing at Jiminey peak last year. The bike is kind of new but looks quite solid.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Kornphlake said:
I know it's not really rare, but I've never seen one in real life so I'll throw out tomac, in the same category would be cortina, not that they are rare bikes, it just seems like it's impossible to find a dealer that carries them.
JST TALK TO OMAR AT OMAR@CORTINACYCLES.COM

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
wydopen said:
They are pretty rare. I dunno what's going on over there, seems like they got a new website, but with only 1 bike listed.

I know they still make them, up the street from where I live and all. Even for our city there aren't many Cortina's floating around. There's some but I guess not as many as you would think being how many bicycle riders and such live here or in the area.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I never rode one, but I've spoken extensively with Mark at Purgatory about some custom work. He sent me photos of another frame he made:

He's got another, lighter, smaller, simpler bike that looks really clean but doesn't have the pivot placement I wanted. He asked me not to share photos, but it's gorgeous. I've still been thinking about doing a custom ride, but I'm a little poor right now.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
what about seismic hubs? I havent seen any of them around for quit some time and I would love to see a post of those monster hubs?
I remember when I first saw a pic of them, I think around '98, 99, I wanted a pair so freaking bad but I never did get them. But I would love to have a pair for the nostalgia

T3h1337r

Chimp
Sep 15, 2006
Nor Cal
BCD RACING IS FLIPPING INSANE STUFF !. Followed them since 99. check em out. Good stuff DRB on postin that. Not very many people get to see stuff like that

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
I didnt like the seismic hubs very much....well, the front hub was ok and hassel free, but the open bearings in the rearhub were not ideal. But they looked "bling" and always caught much attention.