Quantcast

Rascist?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So my co-worker accuses me of being rascist because-

1. I didnt watch the basketball game last night. Or any basketball game, ever (Other than my kids games. I just dont care for it.).
2. I watch and play hockey.

After he accuses me of being a Klansman and derides hockey some more, I ask if he has ever watched hockey. He replies "Sh*t no, aint no brothers playing hockey". I say "How would it sound if I said a similiar thing about basketball, but with white people instead of brothers?". "Then that would prove you are a rascist".

Thats when I left the room. Stupid is as stupid does and all.

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
Excuse me. I speak Jive...
I laughed heartily.

anywho: lol double standards

sadly the only thing I can say to that is "welcome to America"

it's sad, really.

Of course, I'm a preacher of true equality in so far as race goes. No favoritism either way. But I like how favoritism towards minorities is "equal opportunity" and favoritism towards whites is "racist" :huh:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
http://sharks.nhl.com/team/app?page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8459640&service=page

Mike Grier #25 San Jose Sharks

Looks like a Brutha to me:cheers:

Position: Right Wing Shoots: Right
Height: 6' 1" Weight: 225
Born: Jan 05 '75 (Age 33) Phonetic (GREER)
Born in: Detroit, MI, United States
SJS Season: 1st NHL Season: 10th
Drafted: St Louis' 9th round choice, 219th overall, in 1993
Acquired: Signed by San Jose as a free agent on July 3, 2006

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach

1. I didnt watch the basketball game last night. Or any basketball game, ever (Other than my kids games. I just dont care for it.).

After he accuses me of being a Klansman and derides hockey some more, I ask if he has ever watched hockey. He replies "Sh*t no, aint no brothers playing hockey". I say "How would it sound if I said a similiar thing about basketball, but with white people instead of brothers?". "Then that would prove you are a rascist".

dude hockey is so much better than basketball, plus who wants to watch a team get blown out by 40 points in game six of the championship anyway?

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee

Guess i'm a racist too. I never watch basketball & do in fact watch hockey.Went to a hockey game a few months ago! I am in fact white.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
in berkeley there is a place called Tako Sushi.

oh the humanity....:banana:
”tako" means octopus in Japanese. There used to be a place near wher ei live that sold these octopus dumpling things they eat here, it was called Tako Bell.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
People sure like to bat the word "racist" around. Differences between cultures doesn't indicate racism. It indicates differing individual tastes. Believing your race is superior in all forms to all other races is racism. The rest is just good ole bigotry. Nothing wrong with that......some great comedy comes out of bigotry. I myself have come up with some awesomely bigoted statements in the name of teh funny. It's just very pathetic that many people will throw that "r" word out there so cavalier without actually considering the implications of what they are saying.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
People sure like to bat the word "racist" around. Differences between cultures doesn't indicate racism. It indicates differing individual tastes. Believing your race is superior in all forms to all other races is racism. The rest is just good ole bigotry. Nothing wrong with that......some great comedy comes out of bigotry. I myself have come up with some awesomely bigoted statements in the name of teh funny. It's just very pathetic that many people will throw that "r" word out there so cavalier without actually considering the implications of what they are saying.
Shuddup, honkey!! :mad:

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I can't know, because I wasn't there, but did you ever stop to think that maybe he was f-ing with you? Do you have trouble deciphering voice inflection? It just sounds like heckling to me.

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
"I don't watch basketball, I find it boring."

"I was watching the lacrosse game/hurling match." At least then I can claim to be eccentric instead of racist.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I can't know, because I wasn't there, but did you ever stop to think that maybe he was f-ing with you? Do you have trouble deciphering voice inflection? It just sounds like heckling to me.
No possibility whatsoever. He is not smart enough to understand sarcasm, let alone use it.