Quantcast

Rat Pac conditions report

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Rode it yesterday. Thought they were supposed to have some rain friday. But, still bone dry and a little dusty.
The upper trail has a big tree down by the first drop.
Lower has a tree down on the gap bypass.
More logging than I thought. Some debris still needs to cleared up. We did a little along the way. The new road section ends about 150 feet above the rock rollover and the rest down is as it was. Look closely for the trail peeling right and down about 1/4 mile east on the road. The bridge after the gravity pit is missing the last section. So, either have a lot of speed or go around as some are. Might grab a hammer/nails and fix it another trip.
Few new features up top. The teeter/ladder/drop thingy is pretty fun even if it's sketchy and a bit ghetto. The plank jump and bridge are fun as well.

Anyhoo, it's still there and still pretty darn fun. Gate closed yesterday.
I'd wait for some rain though. Always a good ride in october when the colors change. No6 canyon was fast and furious back into town. Good stuff.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Where? :) We got off the hwy at the Hyak exit and then drove up to the Alpental road and went down Denny Creek Road. No backup, nice drive... :blah:

Called the wife and had her look at the DOT cams on-line and let us know status before leaving Roslyn. Worked out perfect...

Next summer we're gonna try to finish the top section...When we were first redoing the area logged, we were gonna try to put in a wall ride, but didn't, so that's why it gets kinda unflowy before the teeter, because we had to just throw that line out really quick instead of the wallhit. :)

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Good news. Was that you that asked me how I liked the new stuff and I responded that it was a bit ghetto but fun?

Yeah, the top needs to be cleaned up some. But, winter will pack it down too. The last section around the pile before the new road needs to be cut right across too. There's also a log right there that may be a fun little skinny too.

Thanks for doing what you did though. :)