Quantcast

Rat Pac Update

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
The two roads that cut through the Rat Pac Trail in Cle Elum have finally been cleared. You might need some directions to find the connecting trail on the opposite side of the new road. The first road cuts the Rat Pac after about a minute of ride time. To get back on the RP go right-west a short distance to the drain pipe that crosses the road. Drop down to where the "lollipop" cross over used to be. After maybe 10 minutes you will hit the second road. Not sure of the distance but go east until you almost hit the ridge. About 200 yards before the ridge look for some orange tape on a stick or a kite tail hanging from a branch. Thats the trail. The rest of the trail is in real good shape for riding.

Plum Creek probably wont log until after Thanksgiving. None of the trees have been painted yet. The lands manager says they will be dropping trees over the upper portion of the trail I asked about the two big trees at the start. He said they wont cut those two but they will cut a lot of other stuff nearby. They will probably be out after Christmas. I am guessing they arent counting on too much snow.

For what its worth there is still some good riding over here. We havent had any rain this week. Hopefully it will be dry for awhile. :)

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
You kind of lose the flow, especially crossing a road so quick. The good thing about it is that its on Plum Creek timberland and the manager looked at it and saw everything and thought it looked pretty cool. If this had been a moto trail I dont think he would have been as gracious. After they get though cutting in the spring hopefully we can get it cleaned up. It will be different without the big trees there. I was also thinking maybe some single track could be cut inside along the lower road so that the road
wasnt part of the trail.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I dont think anything was done with the stuff this year, last year their was a fair amount of maintenance. Mike and Karen I think went south at least for the winter and they pretty much kept the trail together, I am sure we can get something going in the spring. Right now we will have to see what survives the timber harvest.

mike went to texas, karen and i think ben did some work on it, put those new wooden kickers in and I think that's it. Maybe cleared some dead logs, and trimmed brush. I'll be working on it for almost sure this spring, as I have to do community service for school, so that I can graduate...... :)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I swear somebody did some work on the A-frame. That thing was sketch early this year, but was pretty solid when I hit it on Labor Day weekend.:confused:

T:I:M - There's a few/several of us 'west-siders' that really want to help you out when you go work out there next spring. Be sure to say something if you're going to need help.:thumb: