Quantcast

RAT Pac

stacy1

Chimp
Sep 14, 2004
OFF 410
So what is the word, has anyone been over there lately, was thinking of hitting it up this weekend. Has the gate been open?
Thanks!

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
The gate has been locked for a couple of months. You can run a shuttle by going into Cle Elum and going up the ridge past the LDS church at the east end of town and then catching the ridge. As far as the trail itself people have been riding it. I am not sure on the markings to find the trail off the 2nd road thats cut in. I put an arrow on the road with sticks a few weeks ago it might still be there. There are some new stunts to go along with the old stuff. I talked to a guy who rode it the other day and he said there were tracks on the trail but obviously the useage is way down from last year.

Phat_Boi

Chimp
Jun 18, 2004
North "206"
Stacy1; Please post after the ride this weekend on how the conditions are. I am heading over to Cle Elum for some camping and riding on July 23 weekend.

I rode The Rat a few weeks ago. The new trail near the top is fun, a few cool new stunts, although the teeter-drop is not very well built and i would be suprised if lasts through the the summer.

Overall, the trail has not really changed whole lot outside the new trail, which is a small portion. Finding the old trail after the new road section is challenging, still not sure if we found it the right way, but we did some how. we went left up the road a ways and looked for tracks on the right....it was thin at best.