Quantcast

Rat_Pac

Phat_Boi

Chimp
Jun 18, 2004
North "206"
Planning to hit the new/old Rat Pac this Saturday and wanted to know if anyone has ridden it this year. We will be there Saturday from 11:00 to 4:00 and we are planning to shuttle it. Please post the conditions and help us fine the new shuttle enterence.....

stacy1

Chimp
Sep 14, 2004
OFF 410
Went up last weekend, had to drive around a while to find the right road up. go into Cle Elum on the east side of town there is an LDS church, not on main road, don't really remember the street names. You will see a road take off up into the hills. the road splits, stay right and follow that up to a yellow gate, go through yellow gate, when you get to a house that is being constructed hang a left.you will need a truck the road up is full of ruts and water bars. Follow that in for several miles, it will take you too the exit of the top section. The trail has been cut all the way through now and is pretty self explanitory. There has been a few stunts added, whoever has been working out there needs a little more practice building but they are building non the less which is sweet. Any way we had a good time as usual over at RAT PAC.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
stacy1 said:
Went up last weekend, had to drive around a while to find the right road up. go into Cle Elum on the east side of town there is an LDS church, not on main road, don't really remember the street names. You will see a road take off up into the hills. the road splits, stay right and follow that up to a yellow gate, go through yellow gate, when you get to a house that is being constructed hang a left.you will need a truck the road up is full of ruts and water bars. Follow that in for several miles, it will take you too the exit of the top section. The trail has been cut all the way through now and is pretty self explanitory. There has been a few stunts added, whoever has been working out there needs a little more practice building but they are building non the less which is sweet. Any way we had a good time as usual over at RAT PAC.
So the trail in is pretty good shape?

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I think the street is Columbia that takes you past the LDS church. Whatever it is turn at the second Shell station going east at the east end of town. When you hit the ridge its about 3.5 miles west to the upper intersection. RP is kind of a work in progress. Finding the trail after hitting the second new road has been a slight problem. Look for an arrow made out of sticks along the shoulder pointing to RP. To really confuse things there is another trail almost right next to it that veers off to the east- you dont want to get on it although it will come out near RP at the bottom.

Phat_Boi

Chimp
Jun 18, 2004
North "206"
stacy1 said:
Can we get over the roots and the water bars with a SUV? Or will we need a 4x4???

Denny

Chimp
Aug 27, 2002
Seattle, WA
My riding window just changed from Sunday to Saturday. Any chance I can tag along?

I'm coming from Greenlake, I have a subaru wagon and a 3-bike hatch rack. No good for shuttling, but I can help take people if you only have a pickup.

Phat_Boi

Chimp
Jun 18, 2004
North "206"
Denny,

Sorry we don't have a shuttle truck! We may have room for 1 more on the shuttle Izusu Trooper. It has a customer made rack that wholes 4 DH bikes. You can meet us at the top of the trail head. We will be their around 11:00..

Denny

Chimp
Aug 27, 2002
Seattle, WA
So, the only yellow gate we saw was closed (about 1/2 mile from the LDS church). We ended up trying every possible fork in the road, and got a ways up on top of the ridge, only to find a (freshly?) downed tree across the road. So, we did a little fire road DH then went and shuttled Kachess Ridge, which was good fun. Except for the hikers who told us "bikes aren't allowed on this trail". I can't figure out if she couldn't read the sign that said otherwise, or if she thought we were riding motorcycles... :rolleyes:

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
That log over the road is pretty new. The bigger of the two trees had fallen over some time ago, but the smaller one just fell over. Its easy to get around-just take the first right going back and then another right to the main road and then up--or...

Going back to where you started at the yellow gate if you had stayed on the road on the left all the way till you got to another cabin being built and then took a right you would have hit the ridge and come out right on the other side of the logs. I bomb down that road all the time, all the way from the top of the ridge. Its too bad about the gravel. Its really good when its rutted and very hard They graded it out this spring so its a little smoother and I think not quite as good traction.