Quantcast

ratpac question n stuff

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
so we tried to avoid the rain today and check out the new stuff at ratpac.

question...

there is a new gate at the bottom of the road preventing anyone from trekking up to the old parking area...we had to park at the very end of the gravel road and ride all the way up...nice weather for it!

where are we supposed to be parking now-a-days since we cant get to where we parked last year?

it started to rain when we reached the trail head...didnt take long for the trail to turn into a slip-n-slide...super super fun though! i have never been that wet/muddy before. it was raining so hard there were moments you couldnt see anything more than a foot infront of you...the clay caked up the wheels so bad they actually seized in the rear and front...hilarious!!

from what we saw, it looks like they (builders) are making great headway with the reroutes and additions...keep it up guys!!!

...now to do laundry!

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
You can get to the parking area at the base of RP from Cle Elum. Turn left at the Flag Pole in town or maybe a block after it and go to 3rd avenue. Follow that to the end and then go up the hill and enter the Vista development off of 6th then turn left on the first gravel road. Go about a mile to the parking. If you want to run a shuttle you still can by parking inside the gate. You just have to go to the East end of town to the LDS church and then up the hill to the ridge. It about 7 miles further. The gates getting locked has kind of put a damper on clearing the trail although a couple of nice stunts were put in.

Phat_Boi

Chimp
Jun 18, 2004
North "206"
I can't wait, anxious and waiting to ride the rat pac this spring and summer...great job cle elum/roslyn locals. I might be over there memorial day weekend...any one want to shuttle???