Quantcast

RatPac

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Okay, so there are a few people who want to go but don't know when. I haven't gotten a hold of Cable_Guy so I'm going to just say that I'll be there with my brother-in-law on Sunday, shuttle or not. Gotta do it, even if I haff ta hike!

Course, if someone's got a truck and wants to take turns running, PM me and let's meet up.

What time...what time....how bout noon?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
MB, would love to come ride with ya, but im trading weekends at home so i can head up to the BC race.(edit: the MT washington one, not the CBC one... ;) ) We should all hook up for sure once up there! I hope we can get a bunch of the team to go....along with any other PNW racers. Lets take canada by storm!

Later, have a fun RP ride.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Cable guy said teh gate was closed....but I have directions to drive around....though I may end up in Levenworth. :D Don't know of those Cle Elum guys are into jokes onteh fat city kid or not.

Megan, we should atleast meet up breifly on Sat to plan Sundays ride. I have a truck and If I only have a few people I am willing to lend my truck....she aint much but I like to keep her in relatively good order.

If there are 3-4 people I am good for shuttling with my truck....5-8 and I would have to be a jerk :( :o: If I have my stuff straight I would have a lightweight trailer to hold 8 bikes and have everyone jsut sit in the back.

But I don't. :(

It will be hot so you may want to think about hitting RP ealier in the day.

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
RhinofromWA said:
Cable guy said teh gate was closed....but I have directions to drive around....though I may end up in Levenworth. :D Don't know of those Cle Elum guys are into jokes onteh fat city kid or not.

Megan, we should atleast meet up breifly on Sat to plan Sundays ride. I have a truck and If I only have a few people I am willing to lend my truck....she aint much but I like to keep her in relatively good order.

If there are 3-4 people I am good for shuttling with my truck....5-8 and I would have to be a jerk :( :o: If I have my stuff straight I would have a lightweight trailer to hold 8 bikes and have everyone jsut sit in the back.

But I don't. :(

It will be hot so you may want to think about hitting RP ealier in the day.
Yeah, bummer on the gate, but I'd be willing to risk ending up in Leavenworth to avoid climbing the hill. So far, I only know of myself and my brother-in-law going, and I have serious doubts about my brother-in-law.

I totally understand on the truck thing, no worries. Let's meet up Saturday then. I'm about 3 miles up the road from you I guess, so when should I swing by? I'm also rolling in late tonight (10pm probably) so I could stop by on the way up.

How bout 10 am on sunday? man, I don't get up much earlier than that!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Megan Black said:
Yeah, bummer on the gate, but I'd be willing to risk ending up in Leavenworth to avoid climbing the hill. So far, I only know of myself and my brother-in-law going, and I have serious doubts about my brother-in-law.

I totally understand on the truck thing, no worries. Let's meet up Saturday then. I'm about 3 miles up the road from you I guess, so when should I swing by? I'm also rolling in late tonight (10pm probably) so I could stop by on the way up.

not a morning person, eh?

I dont sleep in real late but I don't get up at 5 either. :)

I am leaving here from work today...probably leaving Woodinville about 6ish...be in CleElum around 8ish stop at Safeway and pick up supplies....be up at camp around 9ish probably. Could be an hour before or 3 hours after that too :D

You can stop buy and grab a beer (or pop) I will more than likely be at the camp fire. Not much else to do at night but sleep or party at the camp fire.

Just ask for Kevin Dahlen....most Stumpjumpers will know who I am.
My newsletter pic from a couple years ago...:rolleyes:

Me with Bibs (He lost a bet to me....but I don't know what was up with that pink tutu thing. That is all Bibs:D j/k)

Well if we shuttle it won't be as bad. My truck has no air conditioning. ;) so beware....I will find some shade. I am even bringing my road wheels...:rolleyes: just in case.

How will I find you and your family up at Fish lake? I will probabl y rool up there and Scream Megan Black (Probably not your name!:) ) and everyone will think me wierd. lol

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
bibs said:
DOH! I see how it is!..Ill remeber that! revenge is mine! :D :thumb: I dont normally wear tutu's!!...only on ladies night, if I get free drinks!
:D

Hey you were a trooper. Should of settled a season or two sooner and it would have only cost you a DH run with bar ends or streamers. LOL

gooch

Monkey
May 16, 2002
Outside Seattle
Megan Black said:
Let's meet up Saturday then. I'm about 3 miles up the road from you I guess, so when should I swing by? I'm also rolling in late tonight (10pm probably) so I could stop by on the way up.

It sounds like I am a little to late with the planning of it, but I still want to ride Sunday. It looks like you all will be over there already so you won;t get this till Monday. If you do get this, let me know about a meeting time and place..

Later........

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
gooch said:
It sounds like I am a little to late with the planning of it, but I still want to ride Sunday. It looks like you all will be over there already so you won;t get this till Monday. If you do get this, let me know about a meeting time and place..
Later........
It was hot but we did get a ride up on tehlast 3rd of the climb....a nice family picked us up. It was hot for this western washington boy (or a coastie is the new nick name)

We ehaded up around 11ish and were out and heading down to the pavement by 2pm I think. Hot hot hot....parched Rhino. I went thru my camel back and then some.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
gooch said:
It sounds like I am a little to late with the planning of it, but I still want to ride Sunday. It looks like you all will be over there already so you won;t get this till Monday. If you do get this, let me know about a meeting time and place.. Later........
8:55 pm yeah I was pulling into my camp ground around then and Megan was already there. :D You didn't go over there did you? I didn't see any other cars except the family that shuttled us up.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Yes! A very hot weekend. Hey Rhino, was the XC guy wearing a Palm Springs jersey and riding a yellow Specialized HT? If so, I rode with him a couple times over the past week I was over there. Found some pretty good stuff off the back side that even I did not know existed.
Plus, you guys should also be shuttling the new/old moto stuff up North of Ronald. There's some crazy fun lines out there with the Cap Forest rollers you get off the Rock Candy side.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Borneo said:
Yes! A very hot weekend. Hey Rhino, was the XC guy wearing a Palm Springs jersey and riding a yellow Specialized HT? If so, I rode with him a couple times over the past week I was over there. Found some pretty good stuff off the back side that even I did not know existed.
Plus, you guys should also be shuttling the new/old moto stuff up North of Ronald. There's some crazy fun lines out there with the Cap Forest rollers you get off the Rock Candy side.
Jersey was bright yellow and he was running a SID I think it was a Specialized bike. Probably the same guy.

The whole hilside had development roads going up it seams. Is there much left up there? I figured it is all clear cut and and set up for houses.

I bunch of years ago I rode my MTB to a HUGE rock....like the size of a football field and it had a shear cliff on one side that just dropped away. It was way back there past where we camped....many many years ago. Cool place but there is no direct easy way to get there it seams. there is a lot of good riding out there but this Dhr needs his shuttle especially on them dang ridges. :D

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Rhino, I rode to the slab on Monday. There's still lots of singletrack on the back side. Mabye a hour relatively flat ride from the end of the West Fork road? I got the shovel out Saturday and filled in some of the tank traps they dug on one downhill. Yeah, some of the good stuff is a road again. But, plenty of the goods are still there. I can do a 22 mile XC ride from the West Fork Teanaway campground with only 6 miles of dirt road in it. Sweet moto DH off the back side that goes for about 4 miles.
I wish I'd known MB was going Saturday to Rat Pac. I was up there that morning about 9.
There's a few shuttleable runs off the back too. But, still more off the front that most Rat Pac'ers sadly don't do...

BTW: Yeah, that area you went up will all be homes soon. Just like to one big one being built. (Rode down that road Sunday.)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Borneo said:
I wish I'd known MB was going Saturday to Rat Pac. I was up there that morning about 9.
There's a few shuttleable runs off the back too. But, still more off the front that most Rat Pac'ers sadly don't do...

BTW: Yeah, that area you went up will all be homes soon. Just like to one big one being built. (Rode down that road Sunday.)
We where on RatPac on Sunday.

I know near the "Gravity Cavity" that what looks like a nice place they are going to build a home....pipes coming out of the ground and a nice dead end dirt road where the trail crosses.

Hey!

Cable_Guy's not the only one in cle elum dammit !!!! :( ...... j/k! He's actually broken for a while, so if you want a shuttle to the top and not have to worry about going back up to get a truck, he's the man to talk to. But yes, the gate was closed when we checked about 4 days ago(its tuesday now)

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Right now I know of four different ways to the top. Although one is out of service. It looked like some gypo loggers decided to completely block the ridge top trail with their equiptment. I think threre might be a fifth way but so far too lazy to check it out. Whats with all the junk cars being dumped on the ridge? I know of four cars now. I hauled four matresses to the dump a couple of weeks ago, plus the area on the left just up the access road is starting to look like a dump again. The snowmobile crowd cleaned it all up in April, now its a mess again. Those matresses cost me 9 bucks to haul so I am waitin for the free dump day to tackle some more of this stuff.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I guess we havent crossed paths yet. I ride xc quite a bit and youre downhill. I figure most of the xc riders are from Roslyn. The guy who is really smart and knew who I was before I met him was Borneo. Last week I got on my bike and rode over the ridge to Borneos camp about 10.5 miles. Borneo had done enough sleuthing and figured I might be the only one crazy enough to go over the hill and stop at his campsite. Borneo didnt just know my screen name but my real name. I am sending a PM. Rhino knows who I am also.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I wasn't trying to piss anyone off.....I jsut figured in that small of a town that you pretty much know everyone who rides.....from any dirt bicycle standpoint.

I know in Eburg we had a pretty good grip on who rode trails and who just rode to campus and back. :)

I figured since there is like one shop in CleElum than everyone seems to know the others.....as you all funnel thru there.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Were pretty happy out here actually. The only thing I get mad about is all the trash getting dumped out here. Like today I am riding on the ridge and I am at this spot where there is a car that was dumped and stripped a couple of months ago. Later some idiots shot it up. I rode by and was thinking of telling them to stop, then I thought thats a bad idea. Anyway today someone dumped a new Mitsubishi Eclipse, stolen of course. If this keeps up the Sheriffs Office will know me by voice.

Rhino if you get over again you should hit me up and maybe we could to Taneum, I kind of like it better than RP. Its a great full suspension trail. I will even run a shuttle, that would be a first.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Bwahahaha! In the "old days" we could tell who was out there by the tire tracks left behind. Everyone knew I rode an Onza Porc up front and a Ground Control in the back. I could tell who else was out there by the tracks as well. Those were good times.... Borrego, you need to get all these Rat Pac folks to drop No6 or Crooked Tree to Ewok or the tower trail for something different.
Yeah, there's at least 4 good ways up but easily twice that going down...
BTW: yup, that old road off the back that's ditched is on the USGS maps.

gooch

Monkey
May 16, 2002
Outside Seattle
Borregokid said:
Rhino if you get over again you should hit me up and maybe we could to Taneum, I kind of like it better than RP. Its a great full suspension trail. I will even run a shuttle, that would be a first.

Does that go for anyone (like me)?? I can drive over there in 40 min's. You just say the word :thumb:

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Anytime as soon as I get my VT up and running. The VT had a bad experience on a bbtc ride and has had the whole summer off. The one ride cost a new chain, chain ring, derailleur hanger, and maybe a new wheel, since then it pops spokes every few miles. Borneo can tell you I go slow down hills, but with the VT I actually passed a couple of people going down hill at the Chelan Race. It didnt do much going up though. Last fall a couple of hunters scraped me off the road up by RP after I decided to test Newtons Laws of Physics on my hardtail. Last thing I remember thinking was "I made it!" So now I say slow is ok. You will be the first to know when I get the VT going, could always use some company.