Quantcast

Ray Davies on New Orleans

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
when i interviewed at tulane new orleans frankly scared me, and i didn't even see any of the infrastructure issues, only the condition of the hospitals and the dismal state of the neighborhoods between them and the french quarter.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Toshi said:
when i interviewed at tulane new orleans frankly scared me, and i didn't even see any of the infrastructure issues, only the condition of the hospitals and the dismal state of the neighborhoods between them and the french quarter.
If I was shot or stabbed, I would demand to go to Charity. They have, uh, plenty of practice with these kinds of things.

It is hard to explain the love of New Orleans. It is a city with huge problems, which unfortunately was exposed during Katrina. I know a lot of logical and smart people who scorned this place. But it has something positive and honest, which I have a hard time finding in other towns.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
It's pretty bad. There are other places in America that are pretty bad too East St. Louis for one. Maybe this will get people's attention and they will see the world isn't all middle class suburbia.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
A lot of the coolest places places in the world have serious issues. Most of the most awesome cities are built on huge fault lines for a start.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Changleen said:
A lot of the coolest places places in the world have serious issues.
Washington D.C. comes to mind.

One club and record store ruined my life in a good way.