Quantcast

Ray's . . . . and skate/bikepark design

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Got the chance to go to Ray's yesterday (was in Detroit visiting gf's family and got to take the rental car to Cleveland).

Rad place (obviously).

Conclusion: More bikeparks should include trails-style lines. The brilliance of these is that unlike a regular skatepark, everyone doesn't have to stand around waiting for one guy to finish his run. You just wait 5 seconds and go. Long trains of riders get to ride pretty much non-stop, even with 100+ riders in the place.

I didn't even ride the foam pit/resi area because there were about 40 riders on the deck waiting for a run.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Got the chance to go to Ray's yesterday (was in Detroit visiting gf's family and got to take the rental car to Cleveland).

Rad place (obviously).

Conclusion: More bikeparks should include trails-style lines. The brilliance of these is that unlike a regular skatepark, everyone doesn't have to stand around waiting for one guy to finish his run. You just wait 5 seconds and go. Long trains of riders get to ride pretty much non-stop, even with 100+ riders in the place.

I didn't even ride the foam pit/resi area because there were about 40 riders on the deck waiting for a run.
O really hate the fact that all the kids that cant ride gather at the resi and foam pit and just take up space. There should be an observer to see wether your actually trying tricks or not. And if you arent then you need to get out.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
It was pandemonium this weekend at rays. Hundreds...
RAY'S MTB RULES:
#12 "No hybrid or road bikes. BMX bikes permitted only during special hours."

was it a +BMX session, or do they allow BMX all the time now? seems like they would want to b/c the park riders and trails riders waaaay outnumbered the xc/FR mtb guys on the skills areas with the skinny's teeters etc.

jaddpops

Chimp
Nov 24, 2008
Az
Indoor mountain biking...hmmmmmm thats interesting

that's nice that you can bring your Bmx bike maybe go check it out and bring both my bikes. :O