Quantcast

Ray's: B-I-K-E- event Feb 8

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
http://www.raysmtb.com/bike.html

Who are the rest of the the sixteen teams? Post em up.

1. Paul Basgoitia and John Cowan
2. Taj Mihelich and Aaron Ross.
3. Greg and Andy Watts.
4. Phil Sunbaum and Joe Perrizzo

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Mmmm, but Taj and Aaron's bags of trick are so much better then 3's and flips. IMHO

Those young'ns have much to learn before they can pale to the comparison of Taj.
Ya I agree with you.

I am Skipping work Friday so I'll be there all day.

To anyone: Say hi if you see an old guy riding a brown molly with a "gold" gold lable.

Scott

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
what happened to my post? anyways watts is the only other person besides taj and ross that can throw down loonie toons ****, but no one stands a chance against ross

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Mmmm, but Taj and Aaron's bags of trick are so much better then 3's and flips. IMHO

Those young'ns have much to learn before they can pale to the comparison of Taj.
I just got in from Ray's and saw Taj and Aaron on some STP's. Let me just say, you guys going to the comp this weekend will see some very good riding.

The place is fun as hell - I was so tired but couldn't stop riding. There is so much stuff to ride there.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i hope there will be some high end video coverage. does mtb have a PROPS equivalent ?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
John Cowan doesn't stand a chance with these new kids.
Cowan is most likely going there for the name recognition, and because Kona is covering his airfare. He will have fun riding, and sign grom's NWD DVD's. That is why he is going, not because he thinks he has a chance against Taj and Chase.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Jeff Lenosky and Aaron Chase are the judges/organizers

Eric Porter
Ryan Smith
Joe Prisel
Adam Hauck

Hey I was up there all day... Taj and Aaron Ross are just head and shoulders above everyone else. Of course that is my perception of the riding I watched. It was so disorganized and impossible to hear that I really have no idea where people stand scorewise but if those two aren't on the top of the heap there is something wrong.

Chase and Lenowski did a good job MCing it wasn't their fault.

Wow some of the stuff Taj and Ross pulled was amazing. JD was really doing well too.

Oh too bad there wasn't any duece quads allowed.

I'm heading back up to ride in a few hours and will rep the 24s.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Hey I was up there all day... Taj and Aaron Ross are just head and shoulders above everyone else. Of course that is my perception of the riding I watched. It was so disorganized and impossible to hear that I really have no idea where people stand scorewise but if those two aren't on the top of the heap there is something wrong.

Chase and Lenowski did a good job MCing it wasn't their fault.

Wow some of the stuff Taj and Ross pulled was amazing. JD was really doing well too.

Oh too bad there wasn't any duece quads allowed.

I'm heading back up to ride in a few hours and will rep the 24s.
know anyone there who is going to post some video !!??

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
Taj has been riding 26" bikes on and off for awhile. Aaron hangs out with Taj quite a bit so it's no surprise he can shred them too. It's a shame things didn't work out for him to ride for a company that makes all types of bikes...

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
No but there were a about 4 guys shooting video... just a matter of time beofore gets up on youtube or some such.
c'mon dude, get your girlfriend or something to hold a videocamera and post this sh*t !!! i am pissed i can't be there.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Taj has been riding 26" bikes on and off for awhile. Aaron hangs out with Taj quite a bit so it's no surprise he can shred them too. It's a shame things didn't work out for him to ride for a company that makes all types of bikes...
Not surprised by Axis's report of Taj and Aaron (damn, it's impressive watching them ride) but I'm not so sure how much jumping and park riding either of them has done on a 26"er before.

The STP's they were on looked pretty new, if not out of the box new, and it seemed like they were just getting used to them (although they got used to them pretty damn quick). I don't know, I could be completely wrong, just seemed that riding 26" bikes at Ray's was a fresh experience for them. I'll be very interested to see the contest footage.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
ill be there with friends that weekend. lt. blue tonic fg
Ahh I just saw you leaving around 9:30 as I was coming in. I would have said hi but I didn't notice the until after it was too late. I was pushing my molly up the ramp to get in. Nice bike, liked the profile hubs. 24s rule.

I'll be up Sunday monring around 9ish.

swerve76

Monkey
Aug 30, 2003
nevada
From http://www.matchvideozine.com/V2/

Today was the finals for the Rays BIKE contest. The contest went a little late, but there were some bangers that made it all worthwhile! I think the highlight for me was watching Taj throw down a huge 180 gap over a wall, and Adam Hauck matched it! It was out of control!

Adam Hauck was partnered up with Thomas Hancock, but he blew up his ankle on a flip over the Red Bull box, so Brandon Semenuk filled in for the final round. Semenuk came in especially handy on the no-hander, when he did a three-pointer (both hands and one foot off the bike) to no foot can!

Here are the final results:
1. Adam Hauck, Thomas Hancock, Brandon Semenuk
2. Taj Mihelich & Aaron Ross
3. JD Swanguen & Tyler McCaul
4. Michal Plonka & Justin Guignard

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
That's crazy that they beat Taj and Aaron. Adam Hauck is good, really good, but I've never been a huge fan of his style (or lack thereof).

swerve76

Monkey
Aug 30, 2003
nevada
Hopefully when video does come out, it is better than most MTB park/slopestyle/trails comps. Most of the big bike comps bore me.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
I was there I am not a huge fan of the format but maybe the videographers can work some magic. Style is completely thown out of the equation in this format....release your hands from the grips 0.01875" from the bars and it is a no-hander....

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
From what I saw and this is just my opinion, Taj and Aaron were the top riders.