Quantcast

Ray's MTB park just gets cooler, and cooler, and cooler . . .

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
What's up with that super narrow half pipe in the middle of the first picture ontop of that wide curving bank?
Well the small run spits you onto a wallride and then into a 7' high 20' long quarter and then sets you up for that weird V thing. I jump into it like a wallride but I have seen others use the other side of the V to jump out and transition into the box jump that is to the right of it.

I was just there 20 minutes ago... can't ride it until they paint the sponsor logos onto the features.

Zach thanks for the compliment. We do the best we can with what we have up here on the north coast.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
you have to have an ocean to be a coast. Silly mid-westerners. :thumb:
LOL I was just talking with a bmx-i-can today from St. Paul and I said to him weird that tech Cleveland is in the midwest because it is nothing like the real midwest... but the north coast is just a tounge in cheek saying we have up here... we make fun of ourselves a lot.

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
yeah, Im originally from KC, was just messing with you. We are supposed to claim "No Coast" haha

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Axis - So it looks like 3 individual lines that all turn left and left again and then out?The next to last pic really shows the 3 lines well. Is the middle section with the railings just a little play are in between? I realy like the outer line. Looks awesome. Where is this room? I can't place in my mind where it is.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Axis - So it looks like 3 individual lines that all turn left and left again and then out?The next to last pic really shows the 3 lines well. Is the middle section with the railings just a little play are in between? I realy like the outer line. Looks awesome. Where is this room? I can't place in my mind where it is.
It is a whole new room/addition to the park... but if you remember where the pool table was the rhythm room is behind that wall.

Oh and there is going to be a new entrance to the park.

Last edited:

Pete..

Monkey
Feb 11, 2009
Santa Cruz
Well the small run spits you onto a wallride and then into a 7' high 20' long quarter and then sets you up for that weird V thing. I jump into it like a wallride but I have seen others use the other side of the V to jump out and transition into the box jump that is to the right of it.

I was just there 20 minutes ago... can't ride it until they paint the sponsor logos onto the features.

Zach thanks for the compliment. We do the best we can with what we have up here on the north coast.
Oh sweet. Looks like a lot of fun
:thumb:

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
I did and that is why I want to see the picture. There is a wallride blocking the area I was looking for more detail on. Big landing into a tight lip, just looked odd, but I am sure it works perfect.
Ya the pic with the dude standing there does show it well. It's big and has a vert quarter wallride to get to the transition of the hip. The landing on that jump before the hip is fairly mellow. The hip wallride/vert is all cleaned up no more extra wood on the left of the takeoff.

The expert set it is weird because you go sooo fast off of the platform and then the jumps are so big it looks like you lose a lot of speed while jumping (even though you don't) just because everything is so scaled up.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I wouldnt want that lumber bill.......

I bet there is a dozen units of sheathing and even more units of lumber.
Sponsors sponsors sponsors!
I've always been astounded at how much sponsor $$ Ray has been able to dig up. Then again, I don't think you can find an issue of a mtb mag that does have at least one ad/photo from Ray's.

Just out of curiosity, how many acres is Ray's park now?

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
It's really great to see a place like this not only STAY OPEN, but EXPAND!
I've seen several indoor spots FAIL in my area. :(

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
It really is unlike any other park out there, that's where Ray got it right.

It looks like a fun ass room, seeing this almost has me ready for winter.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
I've always been astounded at how much sponsor $$ Ray has been able to dig up. Then again, I don't think you can find an issue of a mtb mag that does have at least one ad/photo from Ray's.

Just out of curiosity, how many acres is Ray's park now?
Not sure but the RaysMTB park (sans dirt room) has to be at least 125,000 sq ft now. The dirt room would be like 16000 sq ft more...

Last edited:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Def. cannot wait for my December trip...

I will be taking my Camera and equipment with me to take some serious photos of that spot... the photos i have seen have not done that place justice... :-(

Now all i need is some tricksters popping tricks and moves.... Can Cans, tables, etc....

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
I will be taking my Camera and equipment with me to take some serious photos of that spot... the photos i have seen have not done that place justice... :-(
If you want good shots, bring lighting equipment. The indoor light is INCREDIBLY dim, hence the reason you see so many crummy photos.

Oh, and why did they nix the big Red Bull line???

Last edited:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
If you want good shots, bring lighting equipment. The indoor light is INCREDIBLY dim, hence the reason you see so many crummy photos.

Oh, and why did they nix the big Red Bull line???
Flashes and lighting will be making it's debut.. :-)

yes indeed!

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
October 16th it will be open to the public. Once the guys get back from interbike and paint the sponsor logos on some of us locals can session it again!!!