Quantcast

Ray's MTB park just gets cooler, and cooler, and cooler . . .

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Only 4 more days! This Friday is an open house for the Cleveland Area MTB Association.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
i saw some pics of some of the new lines... looks like ladder-type things in the middle of the jump runs. Maybe not so good for full rigid anymore?

Or is that just a new xc/trail line that has jumps too?

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
heading out to Rays first thing in the morning....woohoo...can't wait!
When you see the big line in the rhythm room you will be amazed but.... there was a little kid (6 to 8) that was killing the big line last night... ON A 16"!!!! At one point he overshot the 10' step up to flat... broke his nose... stood up and popped it out and kept riding!

And some UK pro (forgot name) pulled a 720 on the 7' box!

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
he's such a chill guy. i had the opportunity of meeting him a couple weeks ago.
Ya he is. We rode the jumps in the rhythm room that lead into the park features in the center. I was impressed with how big of a guy he is and how slow and smooth he was on the small line.

I see a lot of people hit the bigger lines with reckless abandon and sure they make it but they can't ride the small line smoothly or even every jump without casing. I think that small line is super fun because it is tech... you need skillz not speed.

Jun 15, 2008
Syracuse, NY
When you see the big line in the rhythm room you will be amazed but.... there was a little kid (6 to 8) that was killing the big line last night... ON A 16"!!!! At one point he overshot the 10' step up to flat... broke his nose... stood up and popped it out and kept riding!
I think I saw the kid riding on Saturday..it was impressive...I talked to his dad and the son showed me the mark on his nose (he didn't seemed too worried about it, haha)..
also, to anyone who hasn't been to rays yet this year, the rhythm room is amazing, a real work of art!!! the pics don't do it justice..to me, the room is smaller in person, but the jumps/lines are bigger... you really do need rhythm to make it through those lines.. I had a blast!

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
should be out the weekend of november 13th-15th. feel free to give me general disregard if you're there. i'm bringing my gazzaloddi tires and dainese pressure suit.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
should be out the weekend of november 13th-15th. feel free to give me general disregard if you're there. i'm bringing my gazzaloddi tires and dainese pressure suit.
ha. have fun out there. i'll be on the lookout for your bike...

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
anyone make it out for the opening weekend bash?? Just wondering how it was and how the pros liked the new room??
It was sweet. I took my wife and kids down for the cookout. The pros really like the rhythm room.... it was a huge success even though the weather was almost 70 and perfect... place was packed with people willing to ride indoors!

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
i'm saying that 95% of the mtber's i've ever met are clueless when it comes to a skatepark. i could care less about being cool. but getting snaked by the local hucker on a p2 with a downhill fork and body armor for the 80th time so he can cut across the whole park to hit a bank to bank hip gets old pretty quick.
Like this...

Last edited:

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
ha. have fun out there. i'll be on the lookout for your bike...

dude, i miss that thing. i just needed a change. i'm not anti-mtb at all, just not a fan of weekend warriors with no peripherals from their full faces. dude i know almost got seriously f'd because some dude hucked between lines right in front of him there. i'm scared of that.

Jun 15, 2008
Syracuse, NY
It was sweet. I took my wife and kids down for the cookout. The pros really like the rhythm room.... it was a huge success even though the weather was almost 70 and perfect... place was packed with people willing to ride indoors!
good to hear..i am hoping to make it back out i the next couple of weeks for an overnight trip...gotta get better at hitting the jumps in the new room.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
good to hear..i am hoping to make it back out i the next couple of weeks for an overnight trip...gotta get better at hitting the jumps in the new room.
You should go during the week. Opens at noon and it isn't that busy you will have plenty of time to work on those jumps without crowds.

ApolloCreed

Chimp
Feb 3, 2009
Hanover, PA
heading to Rays this weekend, two more questions... Have they changed the foam pit foam yet? I didn't jump in last year at all due to the fact it made me and a few of my friends feel like crap the years before. I see the dirt room is still jammin', if you pay for the park do you still have to pay the $10 to ride the dirt?

Jun 15, 2008
Syracuse, NY
I see the dirt room is still jammin', if you pay for the park do you still have to pay the $10 to ride the dirt?
you will be able to use the dirt room from 2-6 (sat./sun.) with paid admission to the regular park..it's not $10 extra..I am heading out this weekend too..looking forward to riding the rhythm room some more as well as a few runs in the dirt room..weather should be perfect for riding inside:D

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Wow... that was impressive. I ride there 3 times a week and I can tell you I have not seen very many who can gap those rollers and transfer the big lines like those guys. I wish I could have seen that in person.

Breakless yet!!!

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Yup rode with some guys who were brakeless tonight. Ha I think digger eyes comes from the smokey atmosphere. That's all I'm a gonna say, LOL.

I made it outta there in one piece again tonight... but a friend separated his shoulder on that bowl berm on the middle line in the rhythm room.

Lee hit me up the next time you are in Ohio to ride. Wishing I would have snatched up that WCH.

Last edited: