Quantcast

Ray's MTB Updates

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
A couple of friends and I stopped by Ray's yesterday to get a look at the new stuff and get a little riding in. We have known and rode with Ray for years and wanted to see what was going to be new this year. Ray was there finishing some details and cleaning up after all of the work he and the crew has put in this summer. The place looks awesome. All that I have to say is that the XC crowd will have a lot more fun there this year. The Gary Fisher XC Loop is a blast. There is quite a bit of up and down elevation change. I rode it on my street/park ht, but unlike the rest of the park you guys with the high seats will be able to ride it with confidence and pin it. Nothing is too steep or narrow, and it is a killer workout. There are some places that a rider can take different lines each time around. The loop seems huge when you look at it, but once you get going it is so much fun that it just flies by. Just about anyone with a little trail experience will be able to ride the loop without problem, but it will take some skill to ride it fast. Like any good trail once you get your momentum coming out of the rafters you can push it and really rip the rest of the loop. Ray and the crew did a fantastic job.

There are some new features for the park type riders as well. They extended the street park area, moved the foam pit, are finishing up a resi-jump, and have added some really nice new jumps, and tweaked the old jump lines to make them better. Here are a few shots from the park.

The Climb into the Rafters on the Fisher XC Loop.

Through the rafters on the Fisher XC Loop.

Coming down from the rafters

Satellite type jump after the Kenda Hip on the Expert Jump line

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Cool, ill be at rays every couple weeks this winter, the satellite jump is a great looking line, Gotta be Joe's slopestyle influence there...

We rode all weekend with Ray at monsterpark and he kept talking about the xc loop, good to see some pics but i doubt ill be spending much time on it...to much fun to be had in the park...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I definitely NEED to get to Ray's again this year!
let me know when you are going and I will try to meet you folks up there (its around 2 hours away so it wouldn't be bad for me!) if you want you can come down to the Burgh and ride some stuff with us! I am still trying to get Echo down here!

Y

yadadada

ooohhh... I wanna go too! I was hearing a lot about the stuff they were adding to the park this summer! Can't wait to go check it out!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
let me know when you are going and I will try to meet you folks up there (its around 2 hours away so it wouldn't be bad for me!) if you want you can come down to the Burgh and ride some stuff with us! I am still trying to get Echo down here!
This could be an excellent plan! I'll talk to Sq-Earl and we'll try to set something up for sure!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Everyone who lives within 8 hours of this place should make a weekend trip at least once over the winter. Ray's is awesome. I will be there a lot just like every year!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Yeah keeping that much dirt wet and maintained indoors in a place with minimal heat would be a pain in the ass.

The wood jumps are actually awesome. Perfect radius for 26" wheel bikes.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Wow, they've really done alot to the place. It's been about 1 year since we've been there but during the winter we were there every weekend. Cool stuff!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I'd love to see him dump the wood berms and truck in some dirt though..same for some of the jumps.

I talked to him about that and it has been considered but the dust starts to become a problem...Even if you wet it, its just another element they arent sure they need to introduce...New for this season is the brewery that opened in the adjacent building, you can sit at the bar inside the park...:cheers: