Quantcast

Ray's Road trip report

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Some of us NC folks took a road trip to rays earlier this month and had a blast as usual....so here's a bit of a ride report.

video highlights for those who don't like to read:
the group consisted of Kevin Martin, Will Guthrie, myself, Noah, and bmxican Brian Creed. we left amidst one of the worst snowstorms in recent history...but still made it. the, normally 8 hour, trip took us 14 hours and included over 130 miles in W. VA and Ohio at under 35mph. Needless to say, we were stoked to finally arrive at our hotel on friday night.

leaving Brian's house in Mt. Airy:

Fail: "oh no..there's a hummer in the booshes"

somewhere in ohio...130+ miles of this at 35mph or less

snow tumor upon arrival

so we hit up rays first thing saturday morning and rode until 9-ish that night and from 9-2 on sunday. we all spent a lot of time in the rhythm room, foam pit, and on the red bull line. helluva time and i think noah is stoked on riding again! :thumb:

tubby in the foam pit re-learning 360s

will working on some style in the foam pit

my favorite shot of the trip. noah and will in the rhythm room, we had it all to ourselves for a while on sunday morning

noah had the smaller line in the rhythm room dialed after a few runs

and he tried out the decline line a few times (he also hit the big line once but barely made it over the stepup ;) )

kevin on the rental bike after he tacoed his wheel

tubby out of the bowl thingy

brian race jumping

noah on the drops

the little punk cleaned the big teeter line before i did ;)

will on the teeter

kevin working on a 360 in the foam pit

noah railing the red bull berm

it was definitely worth the drive!

Last edited:

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
Thats some rad footage Tubby! I like those mini euro-tables that you were throwin on some of those jumps. It looks like you and your crew will be ready to take flight on the new jumps that will be at The Bird this summer. We should have a really sweet skills area with a bunch of tables of ALL sizes for everyone to flow on.

Speaking of flow, it looks like Noah has grown quite the flowing locks recently! How does papa marine feel about the shag:eek:?