Quantcast

RB Rampage bleeding out of riders?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I'm disappointed by the winner, I thought there were 3-4 better runs, but overall riding seemed like the best rampage ever and it was awesome to see so few people fall and hurt themselves, the lack of wind was great.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A shame Zink missed his final trick on the second run, I think that could have pushed him close to Sorge's score.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Rux!

Next year can we have a no sand-bag policy? At the risk of sounding like a bit of a weenie, it really is turning into "danger slopestyle" but less stylish and it hurts my inner tree hugger's feelings to see all that crap that will ultimately just be left there until a lizard comes by to eat it.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Probably a stupid question, but what are the judges watching on/from? They must have screens that show them the action they can’t see from where they’re sitting, yeah? The judging just seemed waaay off this year. Get rid of the judging. Red Bull should pay the top 10 guys a hefty fee and let them just put on a show.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ignoring some of the scores and the white washed camera angles from the drone, that was very entertaining to watch.

Again ignoring the scores, some of those camera angles sucked or the transitions weren't fast enough between cameras.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Considering they ran anywhere on the mountain based on rider order I think they did good. Seemed to improve throughout the broadcast.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Honestly the scoring was as on point as its ever been. I rewatched the event with my wife last night, and I think Sorge's run deserves more credit than I was giving it. I still think Zink had the best run, but Sorges was tier 1 material and I can't fault anybody for seeing it differently. Really the only hiccup in the scoring was Bizets run being significantly underscored, everything else was about right, even if you disagree with the placements. I think Semenuks run was better than nells, but it wasn't *that* much better for instance.

I don't know if it was because of the format and not having qualifying, if it was because the mountain has been pretty dug up and worked at this point, the calm conditions but whatever the case, it was my favorite rampage yet. Fewer crashes, more huge tricks and moves, and less worrying that people were going to actually die. People getting second runs, and sticking them. Rampage was fucking awesome this year.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Honestly the scoring was as on point as its ever been.Rampage was fucking awesome this year.
kinda true

Still though

The dicked list: Bizet (good job making it right phone voters), Tom Vansteezealphabet. TVS had a significantly better run and got nothing for it. I also think when you do something gnarly that literally no one else does, you should get rewarded.....the secret to semenuk really

Merry Christmas list: Ethan Nell. Suicide into his double stage thing was pretty damn rad though.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
kinda true

Still though

The dicked list: Bizet (good job making it right phone voters), Tom Vansteezealphabet. TVS had a significantly better run and got nothing for it. I also think when you do something gnarly that literally no one else does, you should get rewarded.....the secret to semenuk really

Merry Christmas list: Ethan Nell. Suicide into his double stage thing was pretty damn rad though.
Yeah, the caveman drop in thingy was worth some bonus points.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Love how he spins the front tire to get that rotation and some gyro to keep the wheel steady on the drop in.