Quantcast

re-cycled cycles

fighterkyle

Chimp
Jul 12, 2008
I have a downhill bike i'm trying to sell and it's been a pain in the butt.(pinkbike, craigslist, ridemonkey classifieds) Just wondering what kind of deal you get by selling your bike to them. it's a 2006 Iron horse yakuza ojiki, for reference.......and if anyone is interested:brows:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Where's the Jumping Jesus?

Anyway, it would be a consignment for sure...whether or not we do it would be dependent on what you're asking/current condition/etc. I believe it's still a 30 day minimum that it has to be on the floor before you can reclaim it if it doesn't sell, which is a likely thing. Still not the HUGE demand for those kinds of bikes at our shop (at least the majority of our customers), especially with Fluidride and DHZ in the 'hood.

Then again, it could sell just like that and I could be totally wrong.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
The reason your bike hasn't sold is the price you're asking....

Unfortunately the used MTB market isn't a good place to sell a complete bike. And considering your bike was $1100 new 2 years ago and you're still asking 850 for it (on your RM ad) you probably won't have much luck selling it. You might get it sold asking more like 600 for it, and even then you'll probably have to take an offer for it.

I'm not trying to be rude or say anything bad about your bike, it's just that a used complete bike even in good shape will sell for about 50-60 percent of retail price.

Also you can usually get more for a good bike by parting it out if it has good components on it that people want.

Anyway, to your original question.... I've heard things about recycled cycles and they should be able to get your bike sold as long as you're reasonable about the asking price.