Quantcast

RE: Graffiti/ Steet Art...anyone interested in starting

D

Dingus McGee

a thread devoted to stuff you see (on or off bike bike, I suppose...I take pix on my bike commute) from tags to bombs to full blown walls....?

I'd rather not debate the validity or legality of graffiti art either, unless you must.

I know there are lots of graff art sites, but this could be bike-related in a way.

Maybe RM needs an Art forum. maybe not.

Just a thought.

Attachments

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
there are some good pieces in my neighborhood. I used to ride all over & take pics of the pieces i liked. they are all on 35mm so i would have to scan them.
I love graffitti & once aspired to be an artist, but was only a young punk & a marker.

I did gain some graffitti fame in my raver days. :o: :o: :o: Thanks to a news story on raves & evrything BAD about them (graff being one bad thing). I wont incriminate myself with details though.

EDIT-nice piece too. our best (IMHO) artist is from San Fransisco too.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
You guys just watched too many breakdance movies in the early 80's

That stuff is great..........for me to poop on.

Seriously, I dig stuff like the one above that are actual art, representations of a person or thing.

But I hate, I mean HATE "tags". Scrawled gibberish that nobody can read. Id love to buy space on a billboard with a photo of a number of "tags" and the following text: "99.9% of the people who see this think the person that did it is a complete moron."

Ruff!

D

Dingus McGee

DVNT said:
You guys just watched too many breakdance movies in the early 80's

Style Wars!

Actually, the National City Crips (said so on their blue jackets) came to Santa Cruz in 1980-81, threw down some linoleum and busted moves....the (we) punkers on the street were like, "huh?". Wish I had some pix of that.

Here's a LARGE wellknown piece, you can see Saber standing near the top of the 'B' -big or small get out the digicams and show your 'ville.

Attachments

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I know all you guys got your ghetto blasters and cardboard out after seeing this........

Attachments