Quantcast

Re-introduction/a question to those in Graphic design/advertising/marketing etc.

WVpat

Chimp
Dec 19, 2007
Baltimore, MD/Morgantown, WV
So i'm kinda re-new here...used to be under the name NRSracer but lose the password and the email address. I know one or two of you might remember me but not really. Fell out of biking for a while and am now getting back into it and hope to race and do a charity ride this summer. I did race all around the mid-atlantic a few years ago (probably 02-04 or so) before I went to college.

Which brings up my question...I am now graduating and don't know what I am qualified to apply for. I am a marketing major at an AACSB accredited university. I have an internship in marketing and communications where I learned a lot of copywriting, press release writing, did some event planning and internal communications etc. This was health-care focused. I have about 1 1/2 years supervisory experience (essentially a catering manager). I have an independent study going on now that's focused on branding, again focused in healthcare. In addition I now have another internship in marketing where I am helping coordinate transit advertising. I am familiar with the standard Office software including publisher. I really just don't know what type of jobs I am qualified for, and a lot of people around here seem to be in graphic design/advertising. I am really considering working for an agency, but I'm not positive in what respect. I see plenty of jobs marked 2+ years experience but I'm not sure I'm qualified to apply. Any help would be appreciated

Anyway...I hopefully will have a road bike soon to train on and will get my MTB back in shape. I just forgot about biking for a while but came across here and kinda started thinking about it more and more.

Thanks for the help,

Pat

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Don't let the morons here bother you.

If you're a decent writer, you could prolly catch on at an ad agency, but it's a biatch of a way to make a living. There's some money to be made in time, but the hours suck and so do most of the backstabbers you'll work with.

Prolly like anywhere else in business, but at least some agencies have pinball machines and we get to throw things at each other and curse a lot.

:cheers:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Without this moron - this thread would have gone unanswered and sunk past page 3 with no replies. You should thank me for the righteous indignation you appear to be experiencing! :monkey:

Don't let the morons here bother you.

Prolly like anywhere else in business, but at least some agencies have pinball machines and we get to throw things at each other and curse a lot.
Many shoe associates participate in binge drinking and jousting competitions.