Quantcast

Re: Kerville Who Was that Dude?

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
That shirtless dude racing the DH with the humungo Intense M1 with Stratos fork. First I hear about him taking a dive into some cactus, then I see him flying off the drop near the end no-footed and pulling flatties. Good riding by all.

Good to see the MoJos too! :)

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
post script -

his name was Matt and he had a DirtWorkz sticker on his bike. downhil, you know him?

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
yeah, thats matt koch. we used to be on the dirtworkz team. hes pretty fast......so who won. and does anyone want to ride today?

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
I think Jason Sager won the race, right Inbred? Yeah, XC dude. But... no one was laying it out like Matt. Definite crowd fav.

I might be riding somewhere today. If anywhere, Walnut Creek for a little fast woopy stuff. Anyone gonna show me these trails in Georgetown? :)

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
that's it, Sager. couldn't remember his name. matt k was 7th. as for riding today...i don't know what i'm gonna end up doing, if anything. i'm thinkin' of looking for the HoL again...not sure, though.

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
we were actually at walnut creek on the 1st...did you happen to be with 3 other guys in an explorer? if so, that was us next to you. give me a call and we'll get together sometime and ride.

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
Originally posted by profro
That's wrong when a XC guys wins a "downhill":confused:

No.... that's retarded.:angry:
yeaa. when i rode the course last week i thought, 'that was the downhill?'. and it's part of the XC course so... eh?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I rode the course a couple of weeks ago and the 'downhill' was on the beginner XC loop. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but anything that a beginner XC rider will ride down, is not an expert or even sport caliber downhill course. That is embarrassing to the Texas dh community (however small it may be). How can we get any respect nationaly or regionaly like that?

I think it takes way more 'dh' skill to ride down something most people look at and don't even think it is possible to ride down, i.e. the expert dropin at Comfort.

XC and DH are different and both require different courses. I choose not to race a 46 lb long travel bike down a hill that didn't require it. I choose not to race at all.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
"I rode the course a couple of weeks ago and the 'downhill' was on the beginner XC loop. "
i agree with that statement.

"I think it takes way more 'dh' skill to ride down something most people look at and don't even think it is possible to ride down, i.e. the expert dropin at Comfort."

I agree with that statement.

"XC and DH are different and both require different courses. I choose not to race a 46 lb long travel bike down a hill that didn't require it. I choose not to race at all."
I also agree with that. So we pretty much agree except with the fact that you discount Sagers skills because he races XC. He not only races Xc but he is the expert/pro champ and has mad dh skilz.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I know we agree and I am not knocking anyone's dh skills, but I said XC guyS (multiple). Knowing Matt Koch's skills, if he got 7th on that course and 2nd or 3rd at Comfort, that tells me something.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I know we agree and I am not knocking anyone's dh skills, but I said XC guyS (multiple). Knowing Matt Koch's skills, if he got 7th on that course and 2nd or 3rd at Comfort, that tells me something.
Heeheh i bombed it on my hardtail probably could have won beginner:rolleyes:

I would say that the last climb out of Noble Canyon sucked the life out of me Pro Fro. The last section to the car i was actually hoping the ride would just be over and end. That is rare for me and a sign that i was totally full of riding. Those Newcastle's on ice never tasted so good.....................................................:thumb: :evil: :p

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Darn Tootin.

I remember at one point saying to myself...'one foot in front of the other and........repeat'. Now, that is bad.

It would have been so cool to hit that rock garden section at the end on fresh legs and lungs. I did notice that you were a little behind in that section and I was really wondering what was up. I was too tired and hungry to enjoy the Newcastles. I did have one, but 6 would have been better.

I finally put my bike back together lastnight and everything was stiil intack. Which suprized me concidering how shabbably I put it in the box at midnight! It was so funnny. I was completely buck naked, packing my bike up. I was so tired, but I had to get those riding shorts off. Plus I waited until I had put my bike up before I took a shower.

I wished I could relive that day again and in better health. That sinus infection really kicked my endurance. Plus now knowing the trail, I want to hit a couple more of those jumps. I loved the ones towards the bottom that were in the corners (un-named trail). Those looked like so much fun, but I was too wasted to jump and risk going down, again.

I think I will have beer tonight:cool:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
he was going so fast his jersey flew off.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Matt catching some air...i think this was his first "encore" run....

and i don't know who this guy was, but his bike (Kona Stinky -something- with a Shiver) was schweet...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Originally posted by Bike Mojo

I think this dude came in second (in the $100 downhill)

i saw him today at Hill Country Bicycle Works (he was wearing a pair of windshorts...no shirt, no shoes, no socks, just shorts) and i was gonna bring up the pink tutu, but decided not to.

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass
Originally posted by the Inbred

i saw him today at Hill Country Bicycle Works (he was wearing a pair of windshorts...no shirt, no shoes, no socks, just shorts) and i was gonna bring up the pink tutu, but decided not to.
His name is Frank Floyd. Now they are calling him Pink Floyd. :D

And yea he is with Hill Country Bikes...

He is often seen walking around without a shirt. He is in his 50's and is ripped. I personally prefer him in the pink tutu.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
anyone else have more $100 race pics.

that was awsome. i little ilegal.:rolleyes: