Quantcast

re-powder coat-- where?

vinceguy23

Chimp
Feb 12, 2010
Hey-- Anyone know any bike-specific powder coat companies in the states. I have a bullit that i want stripped and redone. It also has some wear spots i want repaired. I found a place in the UK but i don't feel like shipping my bike way out there.

thanks

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Call specialized... I think there is a place out west that does really nice custom paint work, and it does not void warranty, I forget the name of the place. The only reason I say this is because at one point I was thinking of getting my specialized demo 9 painted.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Olympic powder coating in Cali does all the work for Turner. They know bikes obviously (what needs to be masked, how to prep, etc) but I think they stick to more 'basic' jobs...single colors etc. I think if you send a (Turner) frame to turner, this costs around $125 for everything.(strip, prep, powder) I would guess your cost would be close to that.

There is also specrum powder works in Colorado. They tend toward really ornate jobs like tri-color fades, painted logos under powder clear, recreations of old classic road paint jobs, etc. IIRC they are quite a bit more expensive.

Spec might have someone that they 'authorize'...ie wont void your warranty..I would look into that as it would really suck to have a legitimate warranty issue denied because of the 'wrong' powder coater.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I would suggest you call spec. I called them and they gave me a specific place if I remember correctly. A place that wouldn't void the warranty that is.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Make sure you go somewhere reputable. I made the mistake of picking someone out of the yellowpages and after a month of them playing games and trying over and over and over again to get it right I said eff it and got it glass bead blasted...