Quantcast

Reading Racing Spring Race 05

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Fire Tower Callenge (Freeride Race)
Reading Racing, Reading PA.
www.readingracing.com

Reading Racing is sponsoring this unique race. The Fire Tower challenge is a team race. Teams are made up of two riders. Race will have a "LeMans" start. Riders will race to 4 check points. Once you and your teammate arrive at a check point together you may leave to the next section and race check point. If you arrive before your team mate you must wait to exit together ( so pick a fast buddy). The course will consist of some of Reading Racings finest trails. The course is over 4 miles long.
The race course will start from the Fire Tower on Skyline Dr, Reading PA. and end at Antietam Lake. The course will lead down the "jump trail" and head into the "Network". The " jump trail" speaks for itself and "the network" is filled with rocks, drops and tight single track. From the" Network" you head down the" Lullabye" trail. The "Lullabye" consits of flat single track. There will be several road crossings in this course. The "lullabye" heads to the "Hans Ray". This section has a steep shoot that takes you to drops, a step down jump and gnarly rock sections. Once out of here, you are headed to the legendary "Dane's Run". This trail alone is a full blown DH race course. "Dane's Run" has 7 drops in it, nasty rock gardens, and a steep gnarly chute. This trail is very fast. "Dane's Run" will lead you to the finish line. Hopefully your team mate was able to stick with you. First team across wins $$$$.
I know people are going to ask what kind of bike? I would say anything from a strong 5inch freeride bike to full blown DH Bike. I personally would ride my 5inch bike with some modifications, and I know that several of the Reading Racers will be riding their fully tricked out DownHill Bikes. Your Choice!
So pick a good teammate and show up. This will be a blast--Reading Racing style.

Oh, by the way, you better be in some sort of shape for this. If you actually ride your bike when you ride you will have no problems. There is less climbing in this course than last years XC?Freeride race. Ripp it up!

When: April 16th 2005
price$$: $50.00 per team($25.00 a piece ha ha)
One Day Event
Practice 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Race Starts at 1:00 pm
Registration Sat. is 8:00 to 10:00 am
Pre-registration will be announced at a later date We are working on this now.
For info, check www.ReadingRacing.com. Our website is in the process of being updated so info will be posted.
Cash$$$ prizes to the top 3
Frame giveaway and product toss

Sponsors: ASTRIX SPORTS-NEMA-AZONIC-MICHELIN-SUN RINGLE-DEITY-DH PRODUCTIONS-JB MTN BIKES-KRANZELS BIKES-661

This article comes from Hcor.net
http://www.hcor.net