Quantcast

Ready to Ride 29er. 19lbs 14oz...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Cheaper than a Lynsky too...

:thumb:

....new Cannondale Flash 29er. I can't believe how great of a deal this bike is. It is AWESOME. WITH PEDALS, 19 lbs 14 oz (large frame) set up tubeless and with a few extra goodies. I can only imagine what it would be like if this bike had XX on it.

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
yeah but:

1) it's a crack-and-fail... which makes the comparison to a Lynskey pretty hilarious. how many Lynskeys or Litespeeds have cracked and failed? vs Cannondales? oops!:D

2) no matter how light you make the bike, the bike still doesn't pedal itself. the only thing a 20 lbs bike wins is an e-contest among weight weenies. the rider makes the bike go. winning a weight weenie e-contest can't change that fact. bummer news for the e-contest participants who think they "win" something by claiming the ownership of the lightest bike in the thread.:shocked:

3) it's got a Lefty.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
yeah but:

1) it's a crack-and-fail... which makes the comparison to a Lynskey pretty hilarious. how many Lynskeys or Litespeeds have cracked and failed? vs Cannondales? oops!:D

2) no matter how light you make the bike, the bike still doesn't pedal itself. the only thing a 20 lbs bike wins is an e-contest among weight weenies. the rider makes the bike go. winning a weight weenie e-contest can't change that fact. bummer news for the e-contest participants who think they "win" something by claiming the ownership of the lightest bike in the thread.:shocked:

3) it's got a Lefty.
:rolleyes: do you have any idea what you are talking about

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
:rolleyes: do you have any idea what you are talking about
probably more likely than you imagine, but I realize it's A Big Game (TM) on SpankMonkey to think that your posting on SpankMonkey makes you some kind of "expert" at internet exchange.

why don't you help me out here, Hoss? tell me what it is you think I'm about, what you think I know, how you think I ride, what experience you imagine me to have.

please.

I'd like to be entertained by your hapless fantasies that give you such a feeling of great superiority.

so please, help me out here.

Your brilliance is truely dazzling.

I'm blinded now, thx.
happy to oblige. did finding a sub-20-lbs 29er with gears give you the orgasm you imagined? or was the fantasy better than the reality?

Last edited:

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
I'm totally underwhelmed now.

Thx
Bummer! I was hoping for mid-whelm... not over-, not under-, just average whelming.

More importantly: (1) is the frame carbon? (2) is the lefty air-sprung? coil sprung? elastomer sprung? ground up pencil eraser sprung? (3) is the lefty carbon? (4) who wins races on this bike? you? someone you built it for? (5) why not use a rigid fork?

Last edited:

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
yeah but:

3) it's got a Lefty.
1) I agree that Lynskeys and Litespeeds are great bikes - everyone that I know who owns / races on one loves it. I would like to know how many bikes Cannondale sells vs Lynskey / Litespeed

2) This is where your comments just become stupid and you're just trying to be a dick -

3) Lefty are good forks -

4) your just trying to grab some attention.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
.. I was going to post hella pix of the latest Lynsky fad of putting carbon Leftys on their race/endurance bikes, but am too apathetic to care.

Is it 5 yet?

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
1) I agree that Lynskeys and Litespeeds are great bikes - everyone that I know who owns / races on one loves it. I would like to know how many bikes Cannondale sells vs Lynskey / Litespeed

2) This is where your comments just become stupid and you're just trying to be a dick -

3) Lefty are good forks -

4) your just trying to grab some attention.
1) I don't see how number of bikes sold means anything except number of bikes sold. Seems pretty irrelevant without context -- i.e., what does it mean to sell "more bikes" than someone else?

2) A weak sauced ad hominem attack seems very hypocritical. Please try to address the substance -- if you can. It would appear you cannot.

3) Lefty is a good one-tined spear trying to be a fork? Really? Good for what, exactly? Uniqueness? Are more one-legged Lefties sold than 2-legged forks?

4) No, N8 v2.0 was trying to grab attention with this thread. I'm just giving him the attention he's seeking. Somehow that bothers you, but it's not exactly clear why that is.

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
.. I was going to post hella pix of the latest Lynsky fad of putting carbon Leftys on their race/endurance bikes, but am too apathetic to care.

Is it 5 yet?
Are they really doing that?

When I saw they shortened the CS lengths to 17.1 I sent an inquiry email about their BB flex/stability. After that I was flooded with sales spams. Way to go, Lynskey!

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Are they really doing that?

When I saw they shortened the CS lengths to 17.1 I sent an inquiry email about their BB flex/stability. After that I was flooded with sales spams. Way to go, Lynskey!
wow, shorty chain stay -vs- bottom bracket flex...

No need to post more. I'm totally convienced you're the eXpert you think you are.

Carry on, Sir!

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
less weight means less energy needed to move the bike - less energy used means you can go harder longer.

So what your saying is that a person riding the same bike from point a to point b but with lets say 5 extra lbs isn't going to do it faster without the extra 5lbs?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
less weight means less energy needed to move the bike - less energy used means you can go harder longer.

So what your saying is that a person riding the same bike from point a to point b but with lets say 5 extra lbs isn't going to do it faster without the extra 5lbs?
Dude, you can't argue with an eXpert who knows what he's talking about.

Go back to Hating MMike like the rest of us.

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
wow, shorty chain stay -vs- bottom bracket flex...

No need to post more. I'm totally convienced you're the eXpert you think you are.

Carry on, Sir!
You're funny. Almost as funny as you thought you were on Empty Beer, where anyone who knew anything about a bike or how to ride it laughed their arse off at your e-expertise.

Tell me, Nateyboy, how you would know what I know. Puh-leeze!

As to my comment on Lynskey, I was not saying CS length has something to to do with BB flex. I was saying that the CS length was interesting to me, but I was concerned about the frame flexing at the BB because I have ridden frames that flex there -- Ti frames and steel frames -- and it sucks, and I had heard that some people found the Lynskeys noodley in the BB area.

And what I got instead of information was sales pitches, as if I was at a Chevrolet dealer.

However, I'm still pretty sure fewer Lynskeys and Litespeeds have failed than Cannondales have failed.

What I'm saying is, fat poseur e-riders won't be better just because they have the lightest blingiest bike. I'm also saying you think comments on the internet "prove" you and your buddy N8 v2.0 are the "experts" here because you praise a Crackandfail that gets below 20 lbs as if that makes you "expert" at something.

Well, at least you can brag on having a light bike that is fun to ride on a dirt sidewalk. Go NORBA XC!

Don't forget to have fun while you're going "harder longer" in bed with Natey!

Last edited:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
More build info:

Out of the box, with pedals and everything, the bike weighs 20.3 lbs. That build Has K-Force Light Crank, and an X-0 component build.

The 19 pound set up includes a Hollowgram Crank, FSA carbon Bar, a Fizik Arionne saddle, and a Mavic rear skewer.

I initially thought that the difference between the 2 cranks was going to be a lot greater than it actually was. That K-Force crank is LIGHT. The Hollowgram only saved about 45 grams. It would still be in the 19 pound range with the stock crank.