Quantcast

Ready to ride again with RockMTB?

Gimper4JC

Chimp
Jan 18, 2004
San Diego, CA
As we are on the cusp of RockMTB's fourth year I have that feeling you get before departing on a much anticipated road trip to a new destination. You aren't completely sure about what to expect, but you're thrilled about the coming adventures...

GET ALL THE COMPLETE INFO

Gimper4JC

Chimp
Jan 18, 2004
San Diego, CA
BullittX said:
Hey! I don't see Noble Canyon on the calendar?!
Let me know when you want to do Tour De Noble, 30+ miles/5000' elevation change. Epic! :thumb:
mark@sdmba.com
mealsonwheels said:
January through June is still completely open. We'll definitely hit up Noble. I'll have to email you about the tour de noble.
Awesome! We would welcome the "Tour De Noble"... But I know you mark, "Shuttle Noble? Hell No!". When we ride it w/RockMTB, we usually do it as a shuttle.

But I know a few of us would like to do an "up the road/Indian Creek/champaign pass/Noble... etc. etc. I saw a few months back, Aqua did what looked to me to be an AWESOME group ride.

But I am in no shape right now for any of these rides yet. I was off the bike for about 2 months, (surgery). Man it really sucks having build back up the stamina and lose the 10lbs I gained... I rode spring cyn. for the first time w/Meals last week, wow that was really sad, I must have stopped half dozen or more times to keep my lungs from exploding. Then I rode it agian the next day and only had to stop once. I rode BLT friday, much better! So, it looks like there is still a little base to build on. Already working at getting back in shape and I should be good for "Tour De Noble" like that by the new year.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Another ride that I just found last week that you guys might be interested in is Oakzanita Peak in Cuyamaca State Park. It's about 5 miles of fireroad and 1.5 miles of singletrack to the summit. It's just a generic out and back where you ride up hill one way and downhill the other but it's not really a killer ride up and there's a good 20+ minutes of downhill on the way back, you won't reach warp speed and there aren't any doubles or drops but it's a fun fireroad for intermediate riders to coast down, and not too dangerous for the beginner with good climbing legs.

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
Gimper4JC said:
Awesome! We would welcome the "Tour De Noble"... But I know you mark, "Shuttle Noble? Hell No!". When we ride it w/RockMTB, we usually do it as a shuttle.

But I know a few of us would like to do an "up the road/Indian Creek/champaign pass/Noble... etc. etc. I saw a few months back, Aqua did what looked to me to be an AWESOME group ride.

But I am in no shape right now for any of these rides yet. I was off the bike for about 2 months, (surgery). Man it really sucks having build back up the stamina and lose the 10lbs I gained... I rode spring cyn. for the first time w/Meals last week, wow that was really sad, I must have stopped half dozen or more times to keep my lungs from exploding. Then I rode it agian the next day and only had to stop once. I rode BLT friday, much better! So, it looks like there is still a little base to build on. Already working at getting back in shape and I should be good for "Tour De Noble" like that by the new year.
Keep at it Gimper, it will be worth it :thumb: Let me know when you guys are ready.

Kornphlake said:
Another ride that I just found last week that you guys might be interested in is Oakzanita Peak in Cuyamaca State Park. It's about 5 miles of fireroad and 1.5 miles of singletrack to the summit. It's just a generic out and back where you ride up hill one way and downhill the other but it's not really a killer ride up and there's a good 20+ minutes of downhill on the way back, you won't reach warp speed and there aren't any doubles or drops but it's a fun fireroad for intermediate riders to coast down, and not too dangerous for the beginner with good climbing legs.
Dan, if you want to extend that ride you can continue on the fire road till it turns into singletrack, that will take you up onto East Mesa and all the way down to the park boundry. Then ride up to Oakzanita Peak on the way back. :thumb:

mark@sdmba.com

Gimper4JC

Chimp
Jan 18, 2004
San Diego, CA
Hey Mark,
One of the things we spoke about at our meeting to get this year started was getting more involved with the trail maintenance for our MTB community.

I know I mentioned this last year as well...
So can we meet? Maybe for ride? Discuss the opportunities, etc.

I don't check these forums as often lately, been busy with work.
Check your PM for contact info.

Steve

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
BullittX said:
Dan, if you want to extend that ride you can continue on the fire road till it turns into singletrack, that will take you up onto East Mesa and all the way down to the park boundry. Then ride up to Oakzanita Peak on the way back. :thumb:

mark@sdmba.com
I might give that a shot, I was suprised when I finally found the trail marker for the single track to oakzanita peak and realized I'd ridden something like 4 miles up hill, I still felt pretty good and decided to go ahead and shoot for the peak. I might actually be able make the whole ride you mention without passing out, too bad the days are getting so short now and they're going to get even shorter next week. During the summer time it would make a nice after work ride when Anderson is swealtering hot and without a bit of shade.

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
Gimper4JC said:
Hey Mark,
One of the things we spoke about at our meeting to get this year started was getting more involved with the trail maintenance for our MTB community.

I know I mentioned this last year as well...
So can we meet? Maybe for ride? Discuss the opportunities, etc.

I don't check these forums as often lately, been busy with work.
Check your PM for contact info.

Steve
PM received. Stay tuned, I'll be posting soon regarding November trail work for Noble Canyon.

mark@sdmba.com