Quantcast

Real Bike Questions

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
So for once I have a real bike questions:

First: I am finally going to tubeless tires; I wanted to know thoughts/tips/tricks, anything that will help with performance.

It's my understanding that you can run lower air pressure. I'm 200lbs and run about 45/50psi in tube tires; can I get away with 35/40 psi with tubeless?

Second: The past few weeks I have been doing alot of training on the road bike. For some reason when I hit my lighter anaerobic workout zone I have a one part of my leg about 4in above my right knee cap that hurts like hell. Most of the time I can ride past it and about 30min later I'm ok. It almost feels like I'm passing my lactic threshold but only in that small section.

Anyway I was hoping someone could tell me if they have had this problem, or if anyone has some ideas on what I can try to do to eliminate this.

J

JRB

I run 40 lbs in tubeless tires. If your knee hurts, try to spin an easier gear. I was mashing last night, and my knee hurt for the first time in a while.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
loco said:
I run 40 lbs in tubeless tires. If your knee hurts, try to spin an easier gear. I was mashing last night, and my knee hurt for the first time in a while.

It isn't my knee that hurts, it's the muscle about 4in above the knee. I have gone as far as an hour harm up before mashing and it still seems to act up on every ride in the same area.

J

JRB

firetoole said:
you should run nitrogen in your tires it will make the bike lighter

sorry that's all I got :(

as for the pain is it in the center or more to the side of your calf??
Jeebus man - where the hell is your calf located???

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
MancilG said:
It isn't my knee that hurts, it's the muscle about 4in above the knee. I have gone as far as an hour harm up before mashing and it still seems to act up on every ride in the same area.
Sounds like your seat is too low.

I run tubeless and weigh 195 and run 32psi up front and 30 in the rear with very little problems.

Use Stan's