Quantcast

Real Estate Agents

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
If a real estate agent is LISTING a house, can she also be my real estate agent for making an offer on the house?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Yes , they can. and they love that , that way they don't have to split the commision with any body. But never forget real estate agents are working for the seller.
Well is it in my best interest to get my OWN real estate agent?

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
Yes, just for the simple fact that the real estate agent is working for the seller, and trying to get the best commison out of the sell, so if i were you i would get my own agent and try to nagotiate for a better price.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
greg447 said:
Yes, just for the simple fact that the real estate agent is working for the seller, and trying to get the best commison out of the sell, so if i were you i would get my own agent and try to nagotiate for a better price.
Thanks!

Wouldn't my agent be working for the highest sale price as well?

splat

Nam I am
stosh said:
Well is it in my best interest to get my OWN real estate agent?
but even at that they are still working for the seller, they don't get paid unless you buy, and the seller of the house pays teh commision to the brokers.

I'm not sure it makes that big of a difference if you get your own agent or not, that is up to you.

when we bought our 2nd house , we had our own agent and when we sighed our purchase and sale agreement , he only disclosed a few "interesting " just after we had signed, so techniclly I could have ripped up the P&S but did not . BUt I really wish they had told us this earlier so I could have done more research on it . ( the case in point was a requirment for flood insurance ) So just Beware.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Real Estate agents are the Devil's own spawn!

Never trust them... they are the same as used car salesmen only they sell houses.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
sstosh if its a multiple listing you can use any agent you like.. just give them the listing# and let them know your interested. set up an appointment to see it..
get yourself a good lawyer.. only trust him...never ever trust the agent, no matter how much you want to. also dont tell the agent where your mortage is coming from or any other info.. there is no need for them to know...never use anyone the real estate person suggested.. they are all together.... i just went through it all so if yo have any questions you can just ask or even call me!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Is there any good questions to ask about stuff like that?

I deal with construction all day so I know what kind of questions to ask about the construction and stability of a house and what to look for when touring a house.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:

I deal with construction all day so I know what kind of questions to ask about the construction and stability of a house and what to look for when touring a house.

Why are you using an agent? Is your market dead there? Did you sign a 6 month contract (please say no)..??

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:

when i was looking for houses.. i used 4 different agents... let them work for you.. look at many houses even if they aare slightly out of price. they are going to throw the bs around to you.. you really dont have to listen.. make your own judgements.. every house i went it was beautiful to the agent.. they want a sale.. my agent made over $4k for doing nothing!!!
dont be afraid to ask the owners questions... how old the roof is.. new windows?? look at the boiler other than that hire a inspector if you really like the house to go over everything... it costs about $400 but a good inspector looks for everything.. things you may not know or notice.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
sstosh if its a multiple listing you can use any agent you like.. just give them the listing# and let them know your interested. set up an appointment to see it..
get yourself a good lawyer.. only trust him...never ever trust the agent, no matter how much you want to. also dont tell the agent where your mortage is coming from or any other info.. there is no need for them to know...never use anyone the real estate person suggested.. they are all together.... i just went through it all so if yo have any questions you can just ask or even call me!!!
Well even the woman we used to see a few houses who is a good family friend I don't like her much. She's just not willing to work with us to do some creative financing.

We already looked at the house and the woman who showed it to us is the listing agent.
We're taking a second look on Thursday. After that we'll make the decision to see if we can get pre-approved. Once pre-approved I'll make and offer and get a lawyer on board. 2 people in my office just bought houses and the one guy was super happy with his lawyer. I'll probably go with him.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
when i was looking for houses.. i used 4 different agents... let them work for you.. look at many houses even if they aare slightly out of price. they are going to throw the bs around to you.. you really dont have to listen.. make your own judgements.. every house i went it was beautiful to the agent.. they want a sale.. my agent made over $4k for doing nothing!!!
dont be afraid to ask the owners questions... how old the roof is.. new windows?? look at the boiler other than that hire a inspector if you really like the house to go over everything... it costs about $400 but a good inspector looks for everything.. things you may not know or notice.
Actually I DO inspections for our office. I'll just have the Architect in our office come with me as well.

PS. I've already asked all thoes questions above.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Well even the woman we used to see a few houses who is a good family friend I don't like her much. She's just not willing to work with us to do some creative financing.

We already looked at the house and the woman who showed it to us is the listing agent.
We're taking a second look on Thursday. After that we'll make the decision to see if we can get pre-approved. Once pre-approved I'll make and offer and get a lawyer on board. 2 people in my office just bought houses and the one guy was super happy with his lawyer. I'll probably go with him.
i have a great mortage person from citibank.. i am not sure how big her area is,, she mayonly deal with NYC but i can give you her number maybe she can help u out.. she was a gonsend for me.. always had plenty of time to answer any questions i had... i spoke with er everyday.. seriously she made muy life so much easier

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
i have a great mortage person from citibank.. i am not sure how big her area is,, she mayonly deal with NYC but i can give you her number maybe she can help u out.. she was a gonsend for me.. always had plenty of time to answer any questions i had... i spoke with er everyday.. seriously she made muy life so much easier
Ok cool, I'll let you know how things go on Thursday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
get pre-approved before you start looking at houses.
I have been (few months ago) and nothing has changed except for my salary increasing.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
I have been (few months ago) and nothing has changed except for my salary increasing.
then what does this statement mean:

stosh said:
We're taking a second look on Thursday. After that we'll make the decision to see if we can get pre-approved.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
How is your agent going to rip you off?

did your agents almost make you buy a house you didnt want for more than it was worth?
Did I say I felt she was going to rip us off?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Did I say I felt she was going to rip us off?
that was for N8 & Hoops

N8 said:
Real Estate agents are the Devil's own spawn!

Never trust them... they are the same as used car salesmen only they sell houses.

hooples3 said:
...never ever trust the agent, no matter how much you want to. also dont tell the agent where your mortage is coming from or any other info.. there is no need for them to know...never use anyone the real estate person suggested.. they are all together....QUOTE]