Quantcast

Real Mexican food in Mass!!

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
La Tapatia in Marlboro MA.

Went there last night and it was incredible. It's a little hole in the wall place in a part of Marlboro that's turned into a "Little Mexico" neighborhood over the last 10 years or so. This is not a the Americanized crap that is served everywhere else. Super cheap too. Definitely worth checking out if you're from around the area.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Never been to Mexico but love mexican food. Probably the Americanized crap you speak of. What do they serve in a real Mexican restaurant?
Ive been to south America for a couple of months and found it to be waaay different then I expected in some places. Except the Parillas, I friggin LOVE parillas...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Real mexican is always cheap, delicious & usually in el bario.
we got a puerto rican joint in our neighborhood (mixed latino, black & white) plus a taco truck down the road. Usually there is a guy pushing a cart selling mexican corn but I havent seen in him in a while.

I say we open up the borders so the chitty mexican joints get run outta town. :)

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Never been to Mexico but love mexican food. Probably the Americanized crap you speak of. What do they serve in a real Mexican restaurant?
Ive been to south America for a couple of months and found it to be waaay different then I expected in some places. Except the Parillas, I friggin LOVE parillas...
one difference is a taco comes in soft corn tortillas. hard ones are an invention by gringos.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Personally, I don't know or care if the Mexican restaurant I'm eating at is "authentic" or not. I just care if it tastes good.

My local place Cancuns is pretty good.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
with meat quality that rivals mcdonalds.
Isla Mujeras....little island off the coast of Cancun some 8 miles. Went to this place for tacos de pescado. Two old Mexican men went out in a wooden boat and hand-lined up a king mackerel in 10 minutes. Cooked it over a coal fire with limes and rice. That was pretty authentic....I've yet to find anything like that in the states so far......but I'm still looking!! :D

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Isla Mujeras....little island off the coast of Cancun some 8 miles. Went to this place for tacos de pescado. Two old Mexican men went out in a wooden boat and hand-lined up a king mackerel in 10 minutes. Cooked it over a coal fire with limes and rice. That was pretty authentic....I've yet to find anything like that in the states so far......but I'm still looking!! :D
I think I have eaten at that place. :drool:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I just took a trip back east and was sad... No taco truck anywhere! I visited 5 states and cruised most of them pretty well. I did not see one establishment that I would consider 'real' mexican food the entire trip. Its all that mexican-american garbage with the iceburg lettuce and cheese on everything. Where no matter what you order its the same crap just wrapped up in different ways with varying amounts of lettuce and cheese mixed in.

I didn't have the local tour so I am sure I missed some hole in the wall spot. I guess we are spoiled here in Yakima. But then we better be! This place is mini-Mexico

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I bet its not...
I live in Phoenix, AZ.
No offense but you have no idea what you are talking about. There are lots of communities, in several states, that have healthy Hispanic populations. Yakima happens to be one of them. The North East, not so much. Come on up and we'll go eat taco truck. Probably should go for a ride first though.