Quantcast

Real? Tagging Air Force One

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
With as much as I don't like bush, they should string that guy up for defacing government property.

We're seeing a lot of tagging in our neighborhood (but nowhere near as bad as I had it in chicago). I think if you bust the kid you should make their parents clean it off. My guess is for most kids that would be the last time they do it.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Tagging is fvcking lame. If I caught some punk kid tagging anything near me I'd smash his prick face in and break his fingers. It's not art, it's just mindless vandalism.

Real graffiti on the other hand can be damn cool.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Austin Bike said:
With as much as I don't like bush, they should string that guy up for defacing government property.
Yeah, string him up!

(just trying to fit in and pretend like I didn't read the thread either)

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
Internet Tuffguy Syndrome in full effect. OVER NOTHING. Breaking fingers, smashing faces and shooting people?......angry beezys.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Backpack1 said:
Internet Tuffguy Syndrome in full effect. OVER NOTHING. Breaking fingers, smashing faces and shooting people?......angry beezys.
Defacing other people's property isn't 'nothing'. Maybe once you've grown up and worked for something you'll understand that.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
as an artist,

I am kind of an a wee dilemma over graffiti.

In one hand, I respect creativity.

On the other hand, I respect other people's property and space.

Most of the crap that is 'graffiti' is just that....crap.
Tags are crap.
Nothing creative goes into them.

The artists I like....or should I say, the artists that have caught my attention:

Banksy
The guys who came up with throwies

I used to like Borf, but I have figured out I like some graffiti, until the artist speaks.

When the artist speaks (like Ecko did), they seem to have inhaled too many paint fumes and don't have two cells of grey matter in their heads. The reasons they give for practicing their 'right' don't fly.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I don't get his argument. He says he doesn't condone vandalism, but he supports graffiti, and feels that America's youth are being oppressed? Then, to show that he doesn't promote vandalism, he vandalizes AF1, and shows the world.

I'd say he's sending mixed messages, but I can't discern an intact message of any kind.

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
He's got a video game out where "Bombing The System" with graffiti is the intent. Just the mainstreaming of something 'edgy' for the masses. Ecko is trying to walk the line saying Graffiti is cool, buy my game....but don't hold me responsible, etc. Remember when Murder and Mayhem was still edgy?
Thanks to San Andreas, etc. it's now the default. I think that's horrible
but I don't have a lot of faith in people anyway. It's up to parents.
Ecko is just another mainstream brand in the Macy's hip-hop shop.
Just like Fairey's Obey will be shortly, etc. Everyone gobbles up "Danger" with their $$$ at Mall-Wart these days. Both these guys started in graff. The pic I posted is by Barry McGee from SF. -IF- you could find a small canvas for sale now at a high-end gallery you would pay over 20k. Search Ebay for his stuff someone right now is trying to sell a few paper pages of his tags and a small drawing for a "Buy Now" nprice of 30k. The stuff sells, too (that one is crazy though) Next time someone tags your mailbox maybe you can make some bank. http://cgi.ebay.com/Barry-McGee-aka-TWIST-P-KIN-Artwork-collection_W0QQitemZ7407393873QQcategoryZ554QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In my PERSONAL opinion, graff is art...I never said Fraser's personal property should be defaced, but I am surprised
by the vociferous response. Very sledneck of a few of you tuff-guys.
Would you really shoot a kid because a video game influenced his behavior, something that could be changed? (Ecko is getting heavy static for the game, there are claims it is no more than a vandal-manual for kids to do graff) If so you, need help. I hope its just tuffguy posturing; just "unoriginal macho energy" (Bukowski character in Barfly)

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Backpack1 said:
Would you really shoot a kid because a video game influenced his behavior, something that could be changed? (Ecko is getting heavy static for the game, there are claims it is no more than a vandal-manual for kids to do graff) If so you, need help. I hope its just tuffguy posturing; just "unoriginal macho energy" (Bukowski character in Barfly)
Right or wrong is it really worth your life to find out.

Texas law gives people wide latitude to protect their property and lives. People have the right to defend any attempts on their lives, and state law also makes it legal to shoot someone for property crimes under certain circumstances.
During the day, people can open fire to protect their property if someone tries to take it by robbery or burglary or destroy it with arson. At night, people can also shoot at violators committing theft and criminal mischief.
I believe criminal mischief includes vandalism.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
splat said:
Art ??? I love how some moron decided to tag that too!

does anyone know the full story on the skull wall in lynn woods? who did it? when? ive been riding there for years and still dont know....

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
'destroy' and paint on are different in the eyes of the Law and if you so want to live in a nice civil society then you should let the Law handle the vandal, not dish out your own aggro vigilante justice, right?

J

JRB

chicodude said:
And I think it's dumb to end someones life for something so stupid as well.
So do I, but it would be funny if you could buy paintballs full of poop or other rotting funk to shoot punk kids that think they own the f*cking world.

If you haven't even bought your first car for yourself, shut up about damaging other people's sh*t.

*not directed at chico.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Backpack1 said:
'destroy' and paint on are different in the eyes of the Law and if you so want to live in a nice civil society then you should let the Law handle the vandal, not dish out your own aggro vigilante justice, right?
Destroy and paint is exactly the same thing to a property owner who doesn't want your ugly scribles on their property. :rolleyes:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Transcend said:
So maybe they shouldn't commit a felony by destroying other people's stuff? :rolleyes:

I dunno, I just think its a bit much.

I'm all for eye for an eye, but shooting someone for painting on yourstuff seems more like an eye for a toe.

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
Transcend said:
Destroy and paint is exactly the same thing to a property owner who doesn't want your ugly scribles on their property. :rolleyes:
You're wrong, Fraser, and quit pinning your troubles on me ("your" ugly scribles (sic) ")

my handstyle rocks :hot: anyway.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Backpack1 said:
I have some paint. Where do you keep your stuff?

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Did anyone else notice how it seemed to fast when he was spraying like it was sped up or something?

PS I'm going to go tag right now

bwababahahahahha

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Air Force 1 is going to land about a mile from my office today (at Moffett Field), with the President on board.

To settle this, I will try to get as close as possible to AF1 today. I suspect half mile is the security radius....

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
sanjuro said:
Air Force 1 is going to land about a mile from my office today (at Moffett Field), with the President on board.

To settle this, I will try to get as close as possible to AF1 today. I suspect half mile is the security radius....
Just think you're invisible and it'll be easy as pie.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
On a related note, I suspect there will be hundreds of protesters today, considering

1. This is Bush's closest visit to San Francisco in probably 6 years.
2. Locals are still mad as hell about Bush.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Report: President's Arrival expect at 2pm. I ride a mile over to Moffett Field to see what is going on. There is only one college student over by the gate.

I was able to get as close as the gate, but the security did not seem too tight.

I also noticed a bunch of co-workers on top of my building watching the landing.

I still want to see who protests. I noticed Bush is going to visit Stanford as well...