Quantcast

Really confused

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
I broke up with my girlfriend of almost 2 years a bit ago. She constantly lays her baggage on me but when I'm not really happy she gets pissed at me and starts going into this questioning our relationship crap. So I've been coughing since Thursday and I have no voice left and she starts yelling at me for not being able to talk loud and act happy. This bull**** happens every 3 months and I'm sick of it. The thing is I know she's going to call me in the morning asking me to take her back and I have no idea what to say to her. If I say no and go on with my life she's going to come crying to me when ever I get with another girl. What should I do.

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
Are your really 16? And youve been going out with her since you were fourteen? Ok, well call her up and tell her that youre just tired of her. Explain to her that highschool/summer love rommances never work out, so she shouldnt get so bent out of shape about it. She'll definitely find another guy soon, and she'll forget all about you. Just explain to her in a civilized way. If you act like a dick and tell her that shes a bitch and to leave you alone, shes not gonna stop at all. Whether or not she actually still likes you, she'll still call you because she'll know you hate it. It will become a hobby of her and her little girlyfriends. So, you should just swallow some pride, man up and sit down and talk it out with her. thats the only thing that will make this go away. Trust me, you will earn a lot of respect from the female community if you do it this way... I assume :busted:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Just tell her buh-bye.

It will feel so good to know she wants to talk to you but you denied her the privilege. Otherwise, you're her doormat.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I broke up with my girlfriend of almost 2 years a bit ago. She constantly lays her baggage on me but when I'm not really happy she gets pissed at me and starts going into this questioning our relationship crap. So I've been coughing since Thursday and I have no voice left and she starts yelling at me for not being able to talk loud and act happy. This bull**** happens every 3 months and I'm sick of it. The thing is I know she's going to call me in the morning asking me to take her back and I have no idea what to say to her. If I say no and go on with my life she's going to come crying to me when ever I get with another girl. What should I do.
LISTEN carefully...

This isn't about her, this whole thing is about you.

WHY are you allowing another person to treat you this way?
-- cuz you're young and inexperienced?
-- cuz your parents are divorced and you think you have to make a relationship work cuz they couldn't/didn't?
-- cuz you're getting laid?
-- something else that you can explore within yourself?

The good news is, eventually, you'll find someone who'll treat you and you'll treat them amazingly well. You HAVE to make mistakes to learn enough to get to that point.

There's two reasons for a relationship:
1. You need to learn something for the next one.
2. You found the right one.

Is there anything else to learn?

Lastly, and this is SO IMPORTANT... do NOT try to change or fix another person. Sorry, you can't.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
I just got off the phone with her. I asked her if she thought that she'd want to get back together. She said she didn't know so I said fine if you can't make up your mind than I will and told her I didn't want to go out with her again.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I just got off the phone with her. I asked her if she thought that she'd want to get back together. She said she didn't know so I said fine if you can't make up your mind than I will and told her I didn't want to go out with her again.
Good god, you put the ball in her court?
:disgust1:

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
haha, I knew she was going to say that. Now her friends are angry at her instead of me. It makes my life much easier.

FrontRangeDH: Enough. If you don't respect women, keep it to yoursef.

That is all.
Its called internet sarcasm, I have the utmost respect for women, don't take it personally. I promise, I will be completely serious from now on.

Dirttastesgood, you are only 16, I am 22 and the longest relationship I have had is about 2 years. Its not the end of the world, you will date a lot of people down the line. The first one will probably not be the one anyway. Just take what you learned from the last two years and move on.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
If you have to ask for girlfriend help in the lounge - you have a problem.
The thing is, there are actually quite a few people on RM who have a great deal of life experience and can offer sound advise.

The typical young drama queens on here post their dilemmas, some good advise is ignored, and the drama unfolds in it's pathetic, ignorant ways.

So - if you are young, have trouble with your girlfriend/roomate/homework/parents/etc/etc - you're on your own here. None of the advise offered here, good or bad, will be taken to heart anyway, so go cry in your little emo corner or spend more of your parent's money on stolen narcotics.

:D

:wave:

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Technically, if you never answer her calls again, then you never have to worry about the situation again. Just stop taking her calls. Life is too short to waste it helping her try to get her head straight. Just let it go, you are encouraging that behavior.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
H8R that was kind of what I was trying to say but having English as the second language its short sentences works better. Plus shorter should work better for the short attention span teens.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Your going to be back with her in a few weeks, just like last time, and the time before that, and possibly one before that. In the mean time, go cry to her mom (milf, tho I honestly wasn't that impressed) and say your emotionally troubled because of what she's done to you.