Quantcast

Really starting to think the apartment upstairs is haunted...

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Back in December a very disturbed, large type asshole in a small body decided it would be better and easier to take the fast way out, and put his toes to the trigger of his shotgun in front of his girlfriend and best friend in the unit upstairs from me.

While its sad that he is gone, like I said, and not wanting to speak ill of the dead, he was a large type prick in a 5'5" body. Never did get that kid, in life or death.

So after he did this, for the past couple of months after the workers and cops subsided and his roommates who he killed himself in front of moved out, I have been hearing a butt pile of noises. Normally I would write this off to the building settling, all of that. But these units were built in 1975, and there were never noises before this.

About a month ago, at exactly 3:00am, which is round abouts when he blew him self into the next life, the dome on my kitchen light fell off, exploding all over the kitchen floor. Now, at 3:00am on most nights I hear what sounds like the scuttling of crabs across an open floor. Its loud enough that it wakes one of my dogs, he tends to bark a couple times and then crawl in with me under the covers.

I'm not really bothered by it, but I do find it strange. Finally this morning I jumped up on the deck to see if anyone was there, maybe a bum or a squater. Nope, no one there, the door locked from the inside.

Strange I tell you, strange.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
To do what?
Kill myself?

Not my thing. Thought about it when the wife dropped the bomb on me, went so far as to write the letters and load the gun, but I just couldn't do it. Like the Rock said in Southland Tales "I'm a pimp, and pimps don't commit suicide."

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
what a d!ck, he shoots himself and then comes back to fvck with everyone

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Speak to him and make peace. Let him know that this is your space and your time and he needs to move on.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
I grew up in a house that was haunted. The house was up in the hills by SF and there are tons of stories. A couple are that one night my dad and I were sitting in the family room watching tv and we heard foot steps coming up the stairs from the road (there were 100 steps) and then we watched the front door nob turn and then the door opened. To open the door you had to lift it up because at that point the hinges were shot. Another time I got up to go to the bathroom and thought I saw my dad standing in the hall, I asked my mom the next morning and she told me my dad was down in LA. She asked me to describe the man and I described the man who had built the house and I had never seen a picture of him. I'm skeptical to the stuff on TV but I know what I saw.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
suicide ghosts are the worst kind (murder ghosts suck too, but they're easier to get rid of). you need a full on exorcism to get them out. if you don't know any priests, burn the place down, or just move.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
This was the guy who two days before he decided to clean his mouth out with buckshot was trying to fight me (250lbs then) and my neighbor (still 325lbs) with him weighing no more than 125. I understand suicidal ideation, and I get the impression that he was just looking for someone to put him down, but damn.

Not sure what the crab sounds are all about, but every morning usually around 3:00am they seem to show up. Maybe I should burn some sage down here in my place. If for nothing else is should make my hell hole smell better.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
You should probably watch an episode of a haunting and takes notes.
I would watch the ghost whisperer and note how she has let her self go so badly.

Oh yeah I lets my rats loose at 3 AM to scamper across the floor to spook the people under my stairs.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I was debating getting the office girl to let me in up there, if for nothing other then to satisfy my sense of the macabre.

Aug 6, 2007
amish country
Man....the crabs noise would freak me out. If your dog is freaking out and getting under the covers then i would be moving especially if he has never done it before. you should set up a camera some night just for kicks.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Eh, I've lived in haunted places before. Whatever "they" are they don't really seem to want to harm me. Mind you when I lose my keys or misplace the remote now I blame "That dead fvcktard upstairs" for hiding them, which amuses me to no end, but that's about it.

Besides, he's already dead, what can he do to me? Give me beyond the grave emo crabs?

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Maybe a rat infestation after they smelled all that wonderful brain matter in the walls.

or it's haunted, throw your stuff in a P.O.D. and go to Africa, problem solved.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Maybe the crabs are in your pants????
No, I got a man-zillian last week as I am now back in the "single" column, so I need to be ready to throw down at the ho down any old time. There's nothing down there for them to be feasting on, and I would have to have had sex in the last few months, which I haven't since the ex-wife has been gone.

Wait, can I give myself crabs? That's possible then.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Maybe a rat infestation after they smelled all that wonderful brain matter in the walls.

or it's haunted, throw your stuff in a P.O.D. and go to Africa, problem solved.
Didn't think about rats. But it really sounds like the sound crabs make on asphalt. Sounds like when my family went to see the red crabs run on Christmas Island as a kid. scuttle scuttle scuttle.

Moving out of here in March, to Africa in May - June, starting the police academy in July. I see many more ghosts in my future.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
No, I got a man-zillian last week as I am now back in the "single" column, so I need to be ready to throw down at the ho down any old time. There's nothing down there for them to be feasting on, and I would have to have had sex in the last few months, which I haven't since the ex-wife has been gone.

Wait, can I give myself crabs? That's possible then.
You know what they say about bingeing and purging. Right now you would be on a sex purge, which is making you hear things. Next thing you know, it will be a sex binge for a week straight. No brakes.... pretty soon, like a hot dog in a hallway.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Truthfully I am avoiding going either way. AA tells me to stay celibate for a year, which while it sounds about as much fun as locking my cock in my pants dungeon, which is what it is, might also be good for me.

Something I have decided out of all of this is not to make the mistake of letting my standards drop. My wife was a hot as hell, busty and brainy doctor who could rock my cock out like none other. While that's going to take some time to find, I think I am better off losing my mind and thinking upstairs is haunted by the ghost of Emo past as opposed to nailing Reno's most rode hard and put up wet.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Truthfully I am avoiding going either way. AA tells me to stay celibate for a year, which while it sounds about as much fun as locking my cock in my pants dungeon, which is what it is, might also be good for me.

Something I have decided out of all of this is not to make the mistake of letting my standards drop. My wife was a hot as hell, busty and brainy doctor who could rock my cock out like none other. While that's going to take some time to find, I think I am better off losing my mind and thinking upstairs is haunted by the ghost of Emo past as opposed to nailing Reno's most rode hard and put up wet.
I must say, Mr.Dirt, you have turned out to be one hell of a model citizen.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
To do what?
Kill myself?

Not my thing. Thought about it when the wife dropped the bomb on me, went so far as to write the letters and load the gun, but I just couldn't do it. Like the Rock said in Southland Tales "I'm a pimp, and pimps don't commit suicide."
I thought I was the only one who'd seen this movie...

The entire movie, I was just waiting for SMG to get railed...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
House I moved into after my divorce was haunted by the ghost of at least one child. Harmless, but sometimes I'd get woken up. They'd wait till I was just falling asleep, and there would be a loud "CLACK" sound, like someone slapping two blocks of wood together right above my bed.

Chicks did NOT dig it.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Sound is from the repetitive haunting of the even and it is the shotgun shell rolling accross the floor. :) It would be pretty cool to set a camcorder up and video over night maybe stick a tape recorder up there.
Dead time = Paranormal State (that's the show)

I grew up in a couple of different haunted houses. Some ghosts you mess with. Some you don't. I thought I would be ballsy in front of some friends one night an cussed some out in one house. Long story short I slept at a friends house, those friends never came back to that house at night, and I never talked crap to a ghost again.
LOL the wife of the couple that bought the house is claimed to be a medium and she told my Realtor later on that she sat every morning and had breakfast with one of the ghost and carried on conversations with them. Don't know if I believe that one.

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Sound is from the repetitive haunting of the even and it is the shotgun shell rolling accross the floor. :) It would be pretty cool to set a camcorder up and video over night maybe stick a tape recorder up there.
You should totally do this and of course post it up on the monkey first for verification.

I was thinking the sound could be the buckshot popping out of his head and rolling across the floor and skipping over the cracks. Is it a floor that has inconsistancies like tile or wood?

Sould make a video tlike this guy:

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
That video is super fantastic.

I was thinking of leaving a piece of paper and a pen up there for a few days, and then seeing if there was anything on it when I came back.

I think I scared my apartment manager this morning when I went down to tell her about the kitchen light cover, along with a couple other light surrounds, hitting the ground over the past few nights. She was shaken by the whole thing, so I want her to go up there with me.

I dunno why, but this is a lot of fun.