Quantcast

Really?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
oh come on.. False statements (not lying) based on what all the intelligence said at the time??

:rolleyes:
What is the difference between a "false statement" and a lie? I thought the opposite of true (or truth) was false (or lie)?

What color is the sky in your world?

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
I'm curious as to whether anyone who frequents this forum still believes that Iraq possessed WMD, had links to Al-Qaeda, or had anything to do with 9/11.

Anyone?

And is there anyone who is not bothered about being lied to by their government?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I'm curious as to whether anyone who frequents this forum still believes that Iraq possessed WMD, had links to Al-Qaeda, or had anything to do with 9/11.

Anyone?

And is there anyone who is not bothered about being lied to by their government?
What always makes me laugh is that now they'll deny the war was ever about any of those things and tell you that it was only about spreading democracy and ridding the planet of evil dictators. Typically they'll end their rant with a Limbaughism, a statement that is impossible to disagree with, like "Saddam was evil" but is essentially meaningless in the context of the discussion.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
What always makes me laugh is that now they'll deny the war was ever about any of those things and tell you that it was only about spreading democracy and ridding the planet of evil dictators. Typically they'll end their rant with a Limbaughism, a statement that is impossible to disagree with, like "Saddam was evil" but is essentially meaningless in the context of the discussion.

w3rd!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
What is the difference between a "false statement" and a lie? I thought the opposite of true (or truth) was false (or lie)?
ok, boys: on the count of 3, let's all whip out our wedding vows we took years back.

wait...where are y'all goin.....?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

Anyone?

i was all in for the wmd (not just shelved programs), but didn't see the case for aq-iraq nexus, nor 9/11. my ears did itch for it, however.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
˙dǝǝǝǝǝls ˙dǝǝǝǝls ˙ʌʇ ɥɔʇɐʍ ˙sǝɯoɥ ɹnoʎ uı ʎɐʇs ˙ʞo sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
My wife and I are honest and loyal to each other, so nothing remotely false was put in our vows. I petitioned for months to get her to say "obey", but she doesn't lie to me.
as long as you keep the vow to weigh more than her during the entirety of pregnancy, you should be good. just try not to look like it on the off-chance she ticks a pound or two more than you. imagine her already precarious mood & then when you tell her how much your bubble gum ass weighs and it's less than her.

it'll be hallway sex for a few months.