Quantcast

Reaming shock eyelet from 14.7mm to 15mm

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Having a machine shop deal with this is probably the best way to go, but what about using a straight 15mm hand reamer? What are the chances it 'drifts' a little too much causing the eyelet bore to be all wonky? I've never used one.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
CC uses the same hardware as Fox AFAIK but I had to grind down a polymer Fox bushing for a Spesh Demo CCDB. For some reason they use a smaller eyelet on one side. Works fine...

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
CC uses the same hardware as Fox AFAIK but I had to grind down a polymer Fox bushing for a Spesh Demo CCDB. For some reason they use a smaller eyelet on one side. Works fine...
I'm fairly sure they used 14.7 on the double barrels while using 15mm on some of the Inline shocks. I don't know. I'll have to pull the current bushings out and measure properly with calipers.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Don't be an idiot and it'll work fine. Hand reamers are supposed to be used, believe it or not, but hand. They'r going to follow the existing hole's bore extremely accurately, just don't go nuts and put it in hand drill set to kill after a 40oz of King Cobra. If you're scared you can always get the shock set up on the V-blocks in the drill press of a mill, chuck up the reamer and turn it by hand, the quill of the drill will guide it nice and straight, note, with this method being drunk is okay.

Double check with CC though, don't fuck up a perfectly good shock reaming things you don't have to. Actually, never mind, it's the internet, do something dumb and post pics for our entertainment.

occidental

Chimp
Dec 5, 2019
I'm fairly sure they used 14.7 on the double barrels while using 15mm on some of the Inline shocks. I don't know. I'll have to pull the current bushings out and measure properly with calipers.
Hey Chris are you able to see my messages on a conversation? I'm new to this site. Thanks!

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Don't be an idiot and it'll work fine. Hand reamers are supposed to be used, believe it or not, but hand. They'r going to follow the existing hole's bore extremely accurately, just don't go nuts and put it in hand drill set to kill after a 40oz of King Cobra. If you're scared you can always get the shock set up on the V-blocks in the drill press of a mill, chuck up the reamer and turn it by hand, the quill of the drill will guide it nice and straight, note, with this method being drunk is okay.

Double check with CC though, don't fuck up a perfectly good shock reaming things you don't have to. Actually, never mind, it's the internet, do something dumb and post pics for our entertainment.
I measured with calipers and thankfully tolerances are all over the place: 15mm on the nose.

No need to hack-job anything.