Quantcast

rear linkage fendor thing - ala v10

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Is anyone actually making these that are adaptable to bikes other than the v10? I am running a Transition TR250 and the rear wheel is flinging mud into the linkage...I'd like to get something on the back anyone know of anything?

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Jackalope made one for his TR450. Not sure what he used - probably some junk he found at the dump. Maybe PM him.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
cool i'll do that...i'd like to grab one of the v10 models and mod it but without holding one i have no idea how close it is to fitting.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
It's not nearly as glamorous but I've made fenders for several bikes from an empty 2L soda bottle. Cost a whole nickle (MA bottle deposit) and a few minutes of my time. Just punch a couple of holes in it and attach it to the frame with zip ties. As an added bonus, if you crash or something gets hung up in it the plastic flexes instead of breaking.

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
I made one for my V10 out of some 1/8" ABS plastic i had laying around. Make a template out of paper or cardboard, the lay that on the abs. Cut it out with kitchen scissors and bend it to shape. Does your tr40 have tapped holes for mounting a fender like the v10 does?

I've done the same thing using 2L bottles and beer cans.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I am not next to the frame but I am almost positive there arent any mounting options on the frame. I am pretty ocd about my bikes and setup so i'd like to get a carbon one...some good suggestions in here, trying to make it as factory looking as possible.

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
I am not next to the frame but I am almost positive there arent any mounting options on the frame. I am pretty ocd about my bikes and setup so i'd like to get a carbon one...some good suggestions in here, trying to make it as factory looking as possible.
A carbon fender isn't flexible. It is made to fit exactly to the curve of the V10 swing arm, and bolt in to the provided mounting holes. It probably isn't going to be anywhere close you the same shape as your tr450.