Quantcast

rear quadrilateral ondacurveasymmetric

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Nothing new, every 5th Intense frame produced includes many of these features.

bismojo

Monkey
May 5, 2009
No asymmetrical shock stanchion, no win...

I wonder how long does it take before the single shear shock mounts, bushings and bolts to explode..

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Rogers must have hired the agency Pinarello used. Could they make this video any more fake - nose stud, exaggerated smile, lighting, etc. The only thing that is realistic is the normal looking woman - they forgot to use a model:

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Doesn't even seem to be a full 1.5" headtube. What is this, F-ing amateur hour?

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
What's even funnier than that is there are dentists that will fall for this.

P.S. Some kind of fork stop would be nice on singlecrown bikes.
im 38 and never once, ever has a fork stop entered my thought process for a singlecrown, ever. Im also not a pussy and my handlebars arent the same width hipster fixie kids rode 3 years ago.

dhbrigade

Chimp
Feb 21, 2006
im 38 and never once, ever has a fork stop entered my thought process for a singlecrown, ever. Im also not a pussy and my handlebars arent the same width hipster fixie kids rode 3 years ago.
Killed a Rotwild RCC01 frame eight years ago when smashing a singlecrown into the downtube -> 1200$ scrap metal.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
I tore a brake hose out of the lever from crashing and having the bars spin around. A fork stop could prevent a couple different kinds of damage in a crash. I think the most common issue with 29ers is tha bar smashing the top tube cuz they run low bars.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I thought cannondale were the biggest purveyors of stupid stuff with special names.

The downtube bump stop isn't a horrible idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if half the current forks contact knob first instead of crown first. I'd rather rip a hose than destroy a damper and lose a knob.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
+1 on fork bumpers for single crowns. Not so much a ride problem but I hate it when the fork just twists around and around if I try to keep it standing still while tightening a bolt or something. But i agree it will probably only cover half the knob and be completely useless, a god idea but...

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
Yeah, the fork bumpers are about the only good idea on that bike.
Pinarello seems to love stupid eccentric ****, see the fork and the rear stays on their road bike.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Killed a Rotwild RCC01 frame eight years ago when smashing a singlecrown into the downtube -> 1200$ scrap metal.
i had a buddy who put his handle bar/bar end through the top tube of his thermoplastic gt on his first ride. literally his first ride on an mtb. gt told him to suck it. he never rode again. the end.

Last edited: