Quantcast

Rear shock issues

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
Durring practice on saturday, the body of my rear shock came loose from the top. it leaked about 5ml of oil out before i got it apart and tightned it. it SEEMS to be working the same dispite the loss of oil... but i know that can be the case. is it possible to refill the shock myself? or is it gonna have to get sent out? and if it has to be sent out, is it worth it to get it rebuilt with one of the push programs?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I would guess if it was a Fox than you lost the Nitrogen charge also....that is what is tricky on the shocks. I wouls send it in for a once over from Fox or a company like PUSH or Hippie Tech.

I have never heard of that happening....:think: I know of seal failure and a Risse shock blow up but not a unthreading.

I would have it checked out....for peice of mind if nothing else

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
I have seen a few that the top came loose and leaked oil, it definately has to be sent in, if you have had a rebuild before from fox and have your reciept, they will take care of this sort of problem usually. I sent Joels in a while back with a reciept that was over a year old and they covered it :D

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
The same thing just happened to my Fox RC. Well, I sold it to a guy that wanted to PUSH it, and bought a new bike with a 5th on it since I was itching to upgrade anyway. Yes, it has to be sent in (to echo my cohorts) because you've lost your nitrogen pressure, or something like that. You've lost pressure. Shouldn't be more than $50.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Call fox, get a price. Doubt it would be covered by warranty, unless your the orig owner within a year. Also call Push to get a price. They offer a "pro-pedal" upgrade to those RC's. Its worth comparing. What are your shocks dimensions? I have a fox R in 7.875 x 2.25..... Its off the bighit. you can borrow it to keep riding if it looks like your repair might take a while........