Quantcast

Rear Shock Measurements

da bikoholic

Chimp
Nov 28, 2007
Hello everyone!!!

I am curently 3d modeling a full suspension bike and I desperatly need rear shock dimensions for modeling one.....

If anybody could provide information such as : eyelets diameter, sliding shaft diameter and total length, body diameters and lengths, eyelets thickness and witdh and etc.... The more the better

I am looking forward to model a 8.5x2.5 shock. I will model several models as to inspect clearances with my frame design.....so any information regarding air or coil shocks would definitely help......

I definitly need dimensions for Dhx, roco, vivid, double barrel

Thx everyone for your time!!!

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
What I would do is email fox or whoever and ask them for some help. I did that last year for one of my Revit classes and Fox hooked me up with a full AutoCAD diagram of a DHX with dimensions and everything. I just explained to them what I needed it for, and that I wasnt looking to steal ideas or what not, but that it was just for a project to show my knowledge of a 3D rendering engine. So Id try emailing a Suspension company. Thats your best bet

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Uhmmmmmm

do just a little research on your own....contact a few co's. No consumer is going to have an isometric drawing with applicable dimensions. Things like eyelet diameter are well documented...as is eyelet width, and spring ID.

FYI
the RS vivid (as well as all RS product) is on the RS site as a blueprint with all relevant info....Avy has similar info as well.

A trip to a bike shop with some caliper will answer all your quesions.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Uhmmmmmm

do just a little research on your own....contact a few co's. No consumer is going to have an isometric drawing with applicable dimensions. Things like eyelet diameter are well documented...as is eyelet width, and spring ID.

FYI
the RS vivid (as well as all RS product) is on the RS site as a blueprint with all relevant info....Avy has similar info as well.

A trip to a bike shop with some caliper will answer all your quesions.

Agreed, most the sites will have most of what your looking for in there tech info. If not a simple email will usually get your info your looking for.